Rug Enquiry - Welsh D

Hannahharper1982

Visit site
I know it's a bit early to be thinking about rugging, especially with the anticipated heat wave tomorrow, but was just wondering what make of rug you'd suggest for quite a chunky welsh D? I've got the length sussed, (6'6 and he's only just turned 3yrs!) but am not sure which make is particularly good for large chested/shouldered cob types? Any recommendations greatly appreciated! :D

RockinRudolph

Visit site
Masta are usually pretty roomy, and also have an amigo. I have one medium weight from derby house (a lighter medium if that makes sense) but he either goes without or has a lightweight if the weather is bad. He is always warm and doesn't really need rugs that often - can feel the heat radiating off him even on the coldest day.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
You might need to go up a size with Amigo rugs. My chestnut mare is 6ft on Bucas, Shires etc... but needs 6ft3 for Amigo and other Horseware rugs.

Blitzen

Visit site
Masta fit my mums sec D well, but he's not particularly chunky in the shoulder.
I have found Shires to be fantastic - fit my chunky cob mare perfectly, and really hard wearing. She has had the same Shires Highlander combo for the last 3 winters, and I reckon its got another winters worth of wear left in it :)