Rug shopping

naza

Visit site
An easy one for you but obviously I haven't bought a rug for a while (Shocked!)
I'm looking for a 100g combo T/O rug in 6ft3.. where to look?
Tia :)

brightmount

Visit site
I’m a big fan of Premier Equine, because the coverage is the best, with a neck that goes right up to the ears and gathering to keep it up, a generous tail flap, and good belly coverage even on my fatty.

HeyMich

Visit site

The Trooper

Visit site
I've happy with Premier Equine, Ruggles and Weatherbeeta. If you're looking for something cheaper for a rug wrecker have a look at Equidor on eBay. I bought a couple of their rugs last winter when I was skint and they're never leaked, albeit they look like a mini skirt on my shire....

Afon_34

Visit site
Thanks all, I was hoping to not go up to the price of the weatherbeta one if I'm honest but have tried cheapy ones off ebay in the past and haven't liked the fit of them.

holeymoley

Visit site
I got a cracking rug when travelling and passed into an equestrian store. It’s make is Cameo. Have a look and see if you can get them anywhere. It wasn’t overly dear but not cheap. Very well priced for the quality.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I rate the weatherbetta comfitec bought one a few months back I also bought 2 50g shires rugs they are a bit cheaper and they have been great, one of mine was unclipped until December so he had it on for almost 3 months solid and it still looks new without any leaking even in all the rain we had, they also have a liner system for them and they are reasonably priced.

Afon_34

Visit site
I rate the weatherbetta comfitec bought one a few months back I also bought 2 50g shires rugs they are a bit cheaper and they have been great, one of mine was unclipped until December so he had it on for almost 3 months solid and it still looks new without any leaking even in all the rain we had, they also have a liner system for them and they are reasonably priced.

What shires one is that please?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Shires tempest 50g original it's a light green colour at the moment, I will say try and get the one with the buckles at the front rather than the surcingle fittings, I have one of each and the buckles are less fiddly.

I picked up the Shires Tempest 100g in blue 2 weeks ago today, as B Fuzzy had had an interface with her 50g turnout, leaving it unusable.
Shes worn it every day apart from Sat evening and Sunday morning (when she was in full neck Weatherbeeta comfitec 100g due to storm) and I have to say I'm quite impressed at how it's not leaked and at how well it fits for a cheaper rug. I'm not a fan of buckles but as its the only rug I have with them I can get over myself....

Fiona

Visit site
I love premier equine because of their deepness, and their amazing neck covers.

If budget doesn't stretch to that, then I've been happy with both Ruggles and Swish purchases recently.

FIona

TPO

Visit site
I really rate Shires too. I don't have any necks for/on my Shires rugs but I've got LW/rain sheets and 100gm standard neck versions. The rugs fit well and are hard wearing.

I love Weatherbeeta too. They fit really well and I have the comfi-tec detachable M/W too.

The rug that gets the most use in really bad weather with me is the Masta "field-masta" with the dome neck to stop mane rubs. Mine is 200gm but it's in it's 3rd or 4th winter and going strong. No rubs and no mane loss! I'm a One Club member too so get special prices on Masta stuff via Harry Hall. Just had a look and they do it in 100gm too.

https://harryhall.com/fieldmasta-100g-fixed-neck-turnout-rug-navy-blue

My horse is a QH so quite broad but my mum's TB does well in Shires too along with Bridleway.

I wouldn't touch Premier Equine with a barge pole either. Awful customer service, faulty rug and they are SO heavy when wet/take forever to dry out.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I picked up the Shires Tempest 100g in blue 2 weeks ago today, as B Fuzzy had had an interface with her 50g turnout, leaving it unusable.
Shes worn it every day apart from Sat evening and Sunday morning (when she was in full neck Weatherbeeta comfitec 100g due to storm) and I have to say I'm quite impressed at how it's not leaked and at how well it fits for a cheaper rug. I'm not a fan of buckles but as its the only rug I have with them I can get over myself....

I am impressed by mine as well I also have a 350g detachable neck shires rug for one of mine it is a really lovely rug and it was in the sale for £70 bargain!

I will be getting a few liners for mine as well.

Afon_34

Visit site
Hi all,
So I bought a weatherbeta 100g T/O & have to say I'm not really that impressed with it (the shape/ fit on him) So think I'm going to return it. Do they come up large? As don't know if I just need a size down or whether they just don't really suit him?

What are Ruggles rug sizing like? (I've a few people say their no fill rugs leak but 100g & 200g ones were okay?!)