Rug with liner system for big neck and chested horse?

zoon

Visit site
I am after a 100g turnout with liners for my horse. He has a big chest and a stallion like neck. Previously worn amigos, but as he's grown up they are snug around the front end. Tried my tb's premier equine on him and that is good on the chest but throttled him around the neck. It also went down to his knees!

Any other makes out there? I am guessing the Rambo duo would be a similar fit to amigo - but am I wrong?

Fifty Bales of Hay

Visit site
I have both and would say the Rambo duo if anything is a little tighter in the neck,due to how it does up at the front. With both this type of fitting and the Amigo's I've had to go up a size in rugs, as my way round it.

15hh quite big chested, shouldered, bit more than average neck is in a 6'3" Rambo duo.

I think Weatherbeeta do a version, and they tend to fit the wider types well don't they? Tri-star or something????

Rambo's are longer at the front than the Amigo's.

Abacus

Visit site
Agree with premier equine for a generous cut. But the liners are not so generous, I find mine tight across the chest, so if buying again I would buy a liner a size larger than the outer rug. I would also buy the parts I wanted separately, as the Trio comes with more than I ever use.

zoon

Visit site
The neck covers are no issue with the PE rugs, neither is the chest, but the rug itself around the neck is cut too high so it strangles him.

Thinking maybe a rambo may be better as the v closure system would give a bit more room around base of his neck.

Abacus

Visit site
I also have a Duo (from 6 years ago so the cut may now be different). The V closure will probably help although there is always a gap at the base of the neck. Maybe this is what the Horseware Optimo is made for with the huge darts at the chest (although opinions seem to be divided on whether they are any good). My friend has one and it moves a lot. The necks on these and the Rambos are definitely rather small.

zoon

Visit site
Think I may have to give up on a liner rug then - made my life so much easier with my TB.

Back to the drawing board then so find a rug that will fit him. Masta check techs fit him well, but these seem to be discontinued as well :(