Rugging posts

L&M

Visit site
No - I think if you have to ask these questions, or don't have the common sense to work the answer out for yourself, you shouldn't have a horse.

But then I am a grumpy cow…

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I love rug threads discussing different rugs RE their quality, fit, waterproofness (if a turnout) etc... as they are very helpful when I need to buy new rugs. Also I've had a few keen shoppers help me find bargains, which is fantastic.

I'm not so keen on the 'what rugs are your horses wearing?' or the 'what rug should my horse be wearing?' ones.

Mongoose11

Visit site
I love the repetition of the rugging threads, reminds me that Winter is here again and that lots of people care so much that they need reassurance from strangers that little 'Magic' or 'Bonny' is going to be warm enough.

I also love how it causes rolled eyes and grumpiness from those who think that because a question was asked previously, it can't be asked again.

Arizahn

Visit site
I love rug threads discussing different rugs RE their quality, fit, waterproofness (if a turnout) etc... as they are very helpful when I need to buy new rugs. Also I've had a few keen shoppers help me find bargains, which is fantastic. QUOTE]

I enjoy these too, they are useful and informative threads, imo :)

ladyt25

Visit site
On that note, has anyone tried the Amigo Wug? Want something for my younger one for if and when the weather gets really bad. He is not ridden currently so is out 'au natural' but could do with something to keep him dry etc and also to get him back in the habit of wearing a rug. He is rather paranoid about anything on his back since suffering back problems this year. Problem is the ligaments behind his wither so hence looking at the Wug as they say they minimise wither pressure.
So, come on people - advise!! :-D

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I've not tried the Amigo Wug, but I have used the Rhino Wugs and the standard neck Amigos (600d and 1200d). I like the Wug design on my slim shouldered horses and have used one in the past on a TB with high withers with great success. The 1200d Amigo is better than the 600d IMO.

NZJenny

Visit site
The one's that I find a bit baffling are when someone askes "It's a bit cold tonight, which rug should I put on my horse ...." Like we all live in the same village.

Like the threads were people tell you they feed their horses a "scoop" of whatever. I'm still not sure how many "mugs" make a "scoop", but both seem to be standard UK measurements.

spacefaer

Visit site
I've got 5 stabled horses, 3 fully clipped, 2 with full coats - all five have completely different weights/layers of rugs - some horses feel the cold, some don't - it's impossible to generalise within my herd in the same barn, let alone someone else's horse in some unspecified location!

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
I love the repetition of the rugging threads, reminds me that Winter is here again and that lots of people care so much that they need reassurance from strangers that little 'Magic' or 'Bonny' is going to be warm enough.

I also love how it causes rolled eyes and grumpiness from those who think that because a question was asked previously, it can't be asked again.

Exactly - couldn't have said it better myself ��

blitznbobs

Visit site
The one's that I find a bit baffling are when someone askes "It's a bit cold tonight, which rug should I put on my horse ...." Like we all live in the same village.

Like the threads were people tell you they feed their horses a "scoop" of whatever. I'm still not sure how many "mugs" make a "scoop", but both seem to be standard UK measurements.

A scoop is a fairly standard measure - round scoops are all basically the same size - mugs are whole different ball game