Rugs again this time for ponies

windand rain

Visit site
What brand of rug has a small neck standard fit tends to be too loose and slides back most makes seem to make necks for big horses and just shorten the back for ponies. All the pony rugs I have bought have been the same and had a few brands now. Need rugs with small necks but slightly longer bodies. Have tried tucks but that makes them dig in the throat

SO1

Visit site
Can you buy rugs that have detachable necks so then you buy the neck size separately.

I have rambo's and you can buy the neck piece in different sizes to attach to the rug.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Horseware.

I used amigo and rhino ones on young stock. For really tiny necks try the 'wug' style. Horseware rugs come up a bit smaller than some other makes, but the special pony range is even smaller IME (from a few years ago).

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I love the shires detachable neck rugs for my Arabs they fit really well, one is just 15h but his really wide and compact and they just work for him the other is 15.3 and slightly narrower and my horses live out mainly and not had one leak yet.

NLPM

Visit site
As mentioned above, Amigo. I've had the same problem as my oldest gelding has aged and changed shape/narrowed, rugs increasingly seem to gape around his neck and chest. Amigos and the odd second hand Rambo, are a better fit. Fal too (if you can get hold of a second hand on eBay maybe).

Nudibranch

Visit site
Amigo are definitely narrower fitting. Shires, Weatherbeeta, Gallop are wider fitting. The only horses I've had fit an Amigo are TBs whereas my WB and natives have all worn the others.