Rugs for cobs...PLEASE HELP!!!

tobyiscool

Visit site
my boy's rug has recently started rubbing him quite badly on his chest. He has absolutely huge shoulders and a massive neck and it is almost impossible to find a rug that fits him, let alone a neck cover that actually does up! Does anyone know of rugs made for those horses that are 'big boned' that are any good/ well fitting? Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS!!!!!!

pitter_patter

Visit site
I use Fal, Weatherbeeta and Horseware.

Generally they do give the coverage I need. Certainly Fal.

For rug rub I'd use one of the lycra bib thingys!!

I HAVE got a Jumper Horse Line in a medium filling with neck which does up ok. Shires gaped and was tight on the neck. William Funnells seemed to be built for the more thoroughbreddy build.

Neck wise, if it's a separate one do you think it's work going a size larger?

Chunkie

Visit site

I've used Masta's and Weatherbeeta's on both the Sec. D's I've owned and found them to be the best fit. Would also add that I have never had a problem with a Masta rug slipping, which seems to be a very common complaint against them.

Guinness

Visit site
Another vote for Weatherbeeta but I would get a bossy bib too
smile.gif

tangoharvey

Visit site
I have a Clydesdale in a 7foot rug, its a cheap make, Everest, and doesnt rub at all, and the neck does up with space too. Whilst I wouldnt want to see her on a catwalk, she doesnt look too bad in it....

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
I have a 14.2hh cob, big neck, shoulders, and wide chest, rug size 6'3 have always used Weatherbeeta Orican rugs, never had a problem with shoulder or mane rubbing.

grandmaweloveyou

Visit site
hi my boy is meant to be "Only" 14.3hh but huge and i was on 5.9 when i got him but now i opt for 6.3 in most makes (amigo / weatherbeeta), 6ft if i am lucky (gallop / premier equine) - im afraid it might just be a case of going big
frown.gif

bushbaby28

Visit site
generally i just get 3 sizes bigger and they seem to fit. he was originally in 5ft6, his newest one is 6ft6!!!!! but that was an accident, hes usually in 6ft3

Snozzo

Visit site
I use Fal, rambo wug and a shires lightweight rug on my very heavyweight cob, none of these rub and they are generous enough to come far enough down his rather rotund sides!