Rugs - has anyone else taken the plunge

Leg_end

Visit site
I took the plunge on Monday after I took his no fill off and he was sweating underneath :( No more rugs for him now and despite being soggy and muddy in the field he’s pretty clean!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We are at the top of the Pennines and very exposed with very little natural shelter. Our unclipped, young and healthy horses have only been rugged on days when the weather has been foul, all winter. They have only worn a rain sheet or very light fill rug and have been absolutely fine. They are at home though, so we can put out/bring in, rug/unrug at will. They certainly come in covered in mud but that doesn't do them any harm.

Alibear

Visit site
I was debating this list night , its still thick fog and rain forecast here but that seems to stop on Saturday , so Saturday is no more rugs day :) She's not clipped and just in rain sheet or lw stable at the moment, she runs warm but feels to the cold. Odd pony. I need to ditch the rugs as need the winter coat out by first weekend of May for a show, I have no chance of success but I'm going to try.

LaurenBay

Visit site
Yes, has been naked for just over a week. She is unclipped and was in a 100g non necked. I went up last week and it was 17 degrees that day so not fair to leave rugged. I took it off, and since then it has done nothing but rain. But it is still reaching 15-16 in the day so still plenty warm enough. Next week we are supposed to get up to 19-20 with sun (bring on the BBQ's!)

suffolkmare

Visit site
My native x has a chaser clip (done November) and is now down to a no-fill until Stressage on Sunday! Then I will be brave- if warmer weather arrives- and he can go naked! Field is mostly swamp....

Fiona

Visit site
No way, the wind here is bitter even when its dry. They have had a couple of days naked, but rugs back on that night.

Fiona