Rugs that have been washed? Do they thin?

Keltic

Visit site
I collected my WB Taka as it had to have a repair done, now as per health and safety the rug had to be washed before it was repaired, anyway i picked it up but didnt check it and just put it away, tonight I thought Katie needed her HW rug on as felt cool and its really gone thin it doesnt feel as thick as it was, i felt my other Taka and its def more full. So do rugs thin by being washed?

So slightly off track I got her new Premier Equine rug out that I got earlier this year and its too small why I ordered her a 6ft3 ill never know! duh Ive popped an under rug on her tonight bless her she did look bemused rug on, rug off, another rug on, rug off, diff rug on, rug off, under rug then original rug back on!! Arghhh im in rug hell!!

lauraandjack

Visit site
I don't think washing does the filling any favours tbh. Both my stable and turnout rugs don't seem so warm now they've been washed a couple of times.

Duvets are never quite the same after washing - and I guess rug filling is pretty much like duvet filling??

Fee Fo

Visit site
They certainly lose some of their ooomph over time! I think it is more to do with the fact that the older a rug gets the more likely it is for the quilting to get squashed and lose its air. It is the air trapped in the layers of foam/filling that keep the heat in. I know when I get my rugs back from cleaning they come all lovely and folded up tightly in a plastic bag, with no life in them! I have to spend 10 minutes flapping them around the garden to get the air back in! Exhausting, but good for the bingo wings! Oh, and a little tip - make sure you keep the damn metal buckles under control! :mad:

PS - My boy, Flynn, has had a WB Tarka for 6 years, I LOVE IT, and so does he.:D:D It's still gowing strong. It takes some hammer too. I was so pleased with it, I bought the next one in the range (the Orican) the following year. Rubbish in comparison - tight on his shoulders and ripped 3 times, really easily.:(