Rugs wearing in weird place on warmblood

soloequestrian

Visit site
Have had Horseware rugs for years and never had bother with hook and eye twisty type fastenings. My young warmblood has an Amigo and a Rhino lightweight with this type of fastening and the webbing that holds the top chest fastening on to both rugs is being worn through - the metal fastening seems to be sawing on it. The rugs seem plenty big enough for her. All my others have been TBx types and this has never happened before. Wondering if I need to look at a different type of fastening for her rugs e.g. the spring clips in a cross that the older Rhinos have? It seems very odd.....

Squeak

Visit site
Are they wearing at the end where it sits through the clip? I've had one do that and pretty sure I've heard of it happening to other people just from general wear - design fault I think as my horse hadn't done anything to it either it had just worn through. Maybe try putting tape or something around the metal part of the clip that the material comes in to contact with?

soloequestrian

Visit site
It looks like wear caused by the metal fastening sawing on the webbing that holds it to the rug. It's specific to her though - the other horses (TBx) have the same rugs, same age or older, and no wear. Both of hers are doing the same thing.