Rugs??

Marchogaeth

Visit site
We've got a lovely Anglo Arab mare and we're having a bit of trouble fitting a rug to her, she takes a 5ft9 rug but because she's very narrow rugs just seem to fall too deep on her!
So I was wondering if anyone's knows if any brands that are shallower or styles that might fit her better?
Or has anyone got similar breeds? if so what rugs fit yours??
Thanks in advance!!! :)x

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Saxon are very good as people have said above. I have a very slender 14.1 arab mare who is also 5' 9" in rugs and she has always had saxon rugs.
Having said that she is currently wearing an Amigo mio heavyweight with integrated neck and this is a great fit for, fits better than her saxon ones of a similar style :)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I bought a couple of Derby House own brand cheapy 7' turnouts. Plenty of length but resemble tutu skirt on him.

OP, I think you want to ring the manufacturers and discuss your needs before having a guess and parting with any cash. I learnt the hard way recently with my odd shaped maxi cob, off the peg does not fit some horses.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I have the opposite problem! Anybody have advice on 6' rugs that are cut very deep (to fit deceptively deep/round 15hh PRE)?

WelshD

Visit site
Take a measurement down from the spine and take a tape measure to a few shops, its not a measurement you use often but its worth knowing - i have been using the same measurement to evaluate saddle flap differences between manufacturers

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
My anglo suits Horseware (the 1200d Amigos are better than the 600d) rugs. The Wugs are good on narrow horses and I've used Rhino Wugs on young, narrow arabs with success. Bucas are also really good. It is worth trying on any rugs you can borrow. I find that I need 6ft for my anglo in some makes, but she needs 6ft3 in other makes.

This is the grey arab when she was 2, in a Rhino Wug.
100_1494.jpg

I do find that I do need to shorten surcingles with rugs that I have bought recently even if they are the same make and size as ones from a few years ago. Possibly a sign of the trend for fatter horses?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I bought a lovely Rambo Polo 6'3" (her normal size for that style) from Orchard Equestrian as they have them on offer. It's a style that was designed mainly for the polo ponies that are wintered out and it's a beautiful rug; however, it looks like a mini skirt on Bea and barely covers her sides; gutted! I've tried (and left on her) an Amigo, same size/style//thickness but quite a bit deeper. https://www.orchardequestrian.com/Horseware-Polo-Plus-Heavy.html delivery was very quick too, I'd use them again