Rui Campeao

hock

Visit site
Hey Folks

Haven’t trained in a very long time and have never done a clinic but I’m booked in with Rui and I wonder if anyone can give me some idea what to expect. I’m taking a 17hh half shireling 😀. Cheers

sherry90

Visit site
I expect some people would describe him having a direct way of teaching but I find that much more constructive. He definitely works with the partnership you are and I felt progress after my lessons with him.

hock

Visit site
I expect some people would describe him having a direct way of teaching but I find that much more constructive. He definitely works with the partnership you are and I felt progress after my lessons with him.
I like direct, I want to know exactly what I’m doing wrong and when I’m doing it. Did you just have one? Thanks for the reply.

hock

Visit site
I used to take my highlands to ride with him. He’s good fun, constructive, entertaining and demanding - in a good way. I certainly learned loads from training with him.
Thanks for the reply, he sounds perfect for us!

Hallo2012

Visit site
found him extremely direct (and i am very direct myself!) which is fine but he was also (IMO) quite chauvinistic/misogynistic-he would pull me up on something not being good enough ("that was &^^%%^") and then apologise to my partner (male) for the swearing.

i found it too irritating and didnt go back, i can over look many things for quality training but dont be rude to my face.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Well back from the clinic and it was fantastic from start to finish. He suits me down to the ground and I’ve already booked in 2 slots for next month. Bloody hell why didn’t I go sooner!
My friend used to help run his clinics in Hertfordshire her daughter had a jumping pony that was getting older and could not jump anymore, she started having lessons with him and he transformed them into a brilliant dressage partnership.

hock

Visit site
My friend used to help run his clinics in Hertfordshire her daughter had a jumping pony that was getting older and could not jump anymore, she started having lessons with him and he transformed them into a brilliant dressage partnership.
How lovely, what a great mum too!

sherry90

Visit site
Well back from the clinic and it was fantastic from start to finish. He suits me down to the ground and I’ve already booked in 2 slots for next month. Bloody hell why didn’t I go sooner!

Glad you enjoyed - sorry only just seen your reply! His style doesn’t suit everyone, he definitely said ‘that’s a¥$$€%#t do it again’ to me a few times 😂

I’ve only had the one lesson with him myself but would definitely have more (he’s just pricey for my training budget!) good luck with your training!

Spiritedly

Visit site
I booked a lesson with him last year then my horse went down with lami so haven't had a 'proper' lesson with him but I have shown under him...which is why I booked the lesson when he was in my area...When he judged the show I was at I had one class that only had me in it so he gave me an impromptu lesson which was amazing! My horse is can be a bit of a twit and thought canter was just too exciting that day 🙈, I may be a bit biased though as he said out of all the horses that day mine was the one he liked best and could have happily taken home, although in hindsight that could have been to save him (horse) from pillock of a rider (me) 😂

hock

Visit site
Glad you enjoyed - sorry only just seen your reply! His style doesn’t suit everyone, he definitely said ‘that’s a¥$$€%#t do it again’ to me a few times 😂

I’ve only had the one lesson with him myself but would definitely have more (he’s just pricey for my training budget!) good luck with your training!
Also pricey for my training budget but I’ve had a bit of help with it luckily. Due to the finances I’ve not done any training for ages but I’ve got two super horses to produce this year so I decided it was an investment. I couldn’t cope if he was a chauvinist and average at training believe me lol.