Ruined my tech stirrups - anyone got any ideas to fix them?

zoe_1210

Visit site
Hello,

I stupidly put my tech stirrups through the dishwasher. Did it one time before and they came out great - this time it seems to have taken the coating away from the silver and it looks terrible. Obviously I’m raging at my idiocy for not reading the user guide, but does anyone have any idea how to fix this?! Or at least improve it?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I had to Google Tech stirrups and had heart failure at the price!

I am sorry for the damage to the item. I am also surprised that hot water was able to damage them.

dreamcometrue

Visit site
They are very durable as long as you don’t put them in the dishwasher. I’ve got the pale blue ones, had them for 4 years and they are still like new. A rinse under a tap or wipe with a damp cloth is all they need.

Northern Hare

Visit site
I’ve just looked them up - and it looks like they’re made of anodised aluminium. What about contacting the UK Tech Stirrups distributor to see if they can be re-anodised? I was going to suggest repainting them, but as they’re made of aluminium, I think you’d need to be careful not to weaken them in any way.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
Gosh, I’m not surprised you are upset with yourself. Working on the principle that if you don’t ask you don’t get, and an email won’t cost you anything, I would ask the manufacturer if they can be re-anodised.