Rules of BSJA Amateurs??

BuzzyBea

Visit site
Please can someone help as I'm having problems understanding the rules of what classes my daughter could enter and wonder if someone could give me some clarification?
My daughter as competed for several years on our horse at affiliated level. It has been straightforward on the basis that he had no record previously and we have with BN and worked our way up. However he underwent colic surgery in January and although doing very well is unlikely to be back in full work before the autumn.
We are very lucky in that a friend has leant us a grade a gelding who really knows his job and we therefore have a summer of fun ahead of us. We went to an advanced/progressive show the other day and did 2 open classes but have noticed that there are some amateur shows locally too but can't be sure what classes we would be eligible for?
Any guidance please?

LottieAdams

Visit site
Any open classes at amateur shows are fine to enter. When you declare, you tell them which section of the class you are competing within, e.g. Newcomers or open newcomers. At most bs shows, unless it is a qualifier for something most classes will have an open section, but it is worth checking on the website!!

BuzzyBea

Visit site
So she is still only able to enter open classes in Catagory 1 shows as well as Catagory 2? Very confusing!!

This is the desciptions of the classes from tomorrow's show -
Dodson & Horrell 1.05m National Amateur Championship Qualifier - 1st Round
Rule 322/286 Table Two Phase / Speed 325 mpm
For registered horses to be ridden by Full, Associate or Junior members
Excluding any Riders listed on the British Showjumping Gold League as of 30th June
2014. Riders who have ever competed as a team member of any senior international
Team, (Nations Cup, World, European Championships and Olympic Games) are not
eligible. Pony Riders, Children, Juniors and young Riders who have ever competed in
Nations Cup/International Team events and European Championships in the last five
years are not eligible. (Excluding Veteran Teams)
1st 6 to qualify for 2015 2nd Rounds. Qualification will not pass down the line and
qualifiers must jump clear in the first round.

To me this suggests that the only restrictions are on the rider and not the horse??!! My daughter is none of the things above so does that mean she can enter on a grade a horse?

Phoned BSJA and they haven't helped at all!!

BuzzyBea

Visit site
Fantasatic Quadro - thank you!!

A friend just suggested the same on the basis that as a combination they haven't been placed over 1.35m but either way they are eligible for the classes she is interested in!!