Rules on qualifying for BE RF can someone clarify please?

becca1305

Visit site
After the recent thread on qualifying at the RF just in the nick of time (congrats :D) it got me thinking about qualifying FOR RF 2012 with the hope of maybe qualifying for the championships. I looked on the BE website but struggled to find answers to the following;
1. Can you qualify for RF if you were on a day ticket? (we will be registering as members next season)

2. Can you could compete in some be100s if wanting to qualify in be90? Or can you qualify in both? (all i could find was info on having to have not done advanced or above for the past 5 seasons)

3. When they say the top 10% is it of all starters or all completions?

If anyone knows the answers I would be very grateful not sure if Im being blonde but I just cant find the answers to these on BE! :D

DarkHorseB

Visit site
1. Yes - but I think you need to be full member for the Final at Badminton
2. Yes - you can qualify for both and do regionals for both. You cannot have any points (at Novice or above) at the time you do your Regional (unless they were gained after ballot date) and you cannot have more than 5 BE Points and compete in the Final
3. 10% of dressage starters

becca1305

Visit site
Thanks :). That really helps I didnt want to be unable to qualify this or potentially the next year too due to fluffing up the technicalities :D. Have just realised another q too sorry! I take it the 10% is of all dr starters in the be90 class not section?

DarkHorseB

Visit site
No it is each section. They also round dwon or up. If 34 starters 3 would qualify if 36 then it is 4.
In the BE100 the pro riders can't qualify and the qualification does not pass down the line. In my last run there were 35 starters but the top 4 were all ineligible so no one would get a qualification from that section

dieseldog

Visit site
If you enter a normal BE90 on your BE90 horse and you get put into a BE90 Open section, against your wishes and by some miracle you come 3rd you do not qualify for the Regional Finals – how rubbish is that!

becca1305

Visit site
Oh right cool I better check then as may have qualified at our last time out (first BE) I have a sinking feeling that my idiocy to go wrong in the DR for the first time in my life and slipping down a place may have just cost me qualification though :(. Ahh there is always the next one :). I will bear that in mind though I dont think there is much you can do about that in terms of planning entries, it seems a little harsh tbh but I suppose as long as it doesnt happen at every event...

^^ just realised this above sentence applies to both the pro riders point and if you get pushed into the open section! :(

Thanks for all the answers :)

Last edited:

DarkHorseB

Visit site

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Oh right cool I better check then as may have qualified at our last time out (first BE) I have a sinking feeling that my idiocy to go wrong in the DR for the first time in my life and slipping down a place may have just cost me qualification though :(. Ahh there is always the next one :). I will bear that in mind though I dont think there is much you can do about that in terms of planning entries, it seems a little harsh tbh but I suppose as long as it doesnt happen at every event...

^^ just realised this above sentence applies to both the pro riders point and if you get pushed into the open section! :(

Thanks for all the answers :)

The other thing is if you qualify for a RF after 1st July for the next years regionals BE take ages to confirm them. I qualified August 2010 but it was April 2011 before it was confirmed. Similarly I have one from this August that I expect won't be confirmed till next Spring.

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Seems rather mean! :mad:

I suppose it gets a bit crazy - it was just an event with a lot of pro riders. In fact when I look again the first 6 weren't eligible under the new rules of not to have ridden at Intermediate so qualification would have to have passed to 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th!
Just the downside of getting to compete against the big boys I guess?!

star

Visit site
i was looking at the results from the BE90 and 100 RF's and the 90's are usually full to the brim, often 2 sections at each competition whereas the 100's have normally only got 20 in them. is this because it's much harder to qualify for a 100RF because the pro's are normally taking the top spots so far fewer people qualify in each section? Just seems a bit odd that the 100 RF's would be so much less popular than the 90's. I think BE need to look into this. Fair enough for the pro's to do the 100 but think the qualification should pass down the line.

James6

Visit site
i was looking at the results from the BE90 and 100 RF's and the 90's are usually full to the brim, often 2 sections at each competition whereas the 100's have normally only got 20 in them. is this because it's much harder to qualify for a 100RF because the pro's are normally taking the top spots so far fewer people qualify in each section? Just seems a bit odd that the 100 RF's would be so much less popular than the 90's. I think BE need to look into this. Fair enough for the pro's to do the 100 but think the qualification should pass down the line.

I agree, I was the only amateur in the top ten in a BE100 section at the weekend. Do you think they should have amateur only sections? Personally I like competing with the pros, it gives me a real buzz even if I haven't a hope of beating them!

diggerbez

Visit site
i think it should pass down the line as well- then even if you get people qualifying on not very good placings/scores they won't qualify for badders anyway so its not like it would devalue the actual champs....

star

Visit site
I agree, I was the only amateur in the top ten in a BE100 section at the weekend. Do you think they should have amateur only sections? Personally I like competing with the pros, it gives me a real buzz even if I haven't a hope of beating them!

i have only just started BE100 but I love the fact that I can have the likes of WFP in my section so I wouldn't want amateur only sections. I just think that if they're not eligible then pass the qualification down. How is it fair for non-eligible combinations to take up all the regional qualifying places? The 90 RF's are soooooooo popular but there's hardly anyone in the 100 RF's. BE really need to think again on this one.