Run free Candy dog, run free.

applecart14

Visit site
On Thursday 13th March we had to have our beloved beagle Candy put to sleep following six days of not eating, although still remaining active and happy until the end.

We were waiting for the blood test results to come through as when they did it was like our world had ended. Candy had chronic kidney failure. We made the decision, rang the surgery and she was pts at 4.15pm that day with us both by her side.

Candy was born in 2000 to a hunt pack. Her mother was a winning bitch. However Candy was born too small due to be shot as she was two inches too short at the shoulder to run with the rest of the pack, she would have lagged behind and never have been as strong as the others. As my partner knew the chap that ran the kennels he agreed that he would let her go to my partner if he wanted her.

Candy started her life based at Solihull Riding Club where she lived with my partner, Head Groundsman Colin. During the day she would run round the grounds chasing rabitts and foxes and at night she would help my partner lock the building up after the competitors had gone home. I first met Candy when she was about four months old. She ran off into the car park and Colin shouted at her to come back - she instantly fell on her back with her legs in the air and Colin joked that he beat her up as she acted so submissively. I started going out with Colin later that month and so began my aquaintance with Candy.

In later years we had some rescue chickens and they used to peck Candy and keep her in line. She was never nasty or vicious, but protected Colin with all her might, her hackles would rise like anything if she felt her precious Dad was threatened! One day one of the hens went to peck at her meaty bone that we'd saved her from our Sunday roast and she chased it until it turned on her and stood up on its legs with its wings stretched out. It ended up having her bone after all!

Colin and Candy moved back home to Colins parents home and she had the run of the garden and the huge field next door and had two years of happiness walking the tow paths of Lapworth with Colin and I in the summer evenings.

I am so glad I got to meet Candy. I felt like she was my own and I was priviliged to have known her and shared my life with her.

Run free my darling, you will never be forgotten xx
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Saneta

Visit site
So very sorry to read your sad news, but what a happy lovely dog she looked, and what a wonderful life she had. It's strange how dogs come into our lives sometimes, it's as though a dog and its owner were always meant to be...RIP Candy xx