Run free Milly mare... we'll miss you.

Starzaan

Visit site
Jump big hedges in the sky my beautiful girl... nobody will put buckets of water in your box any more, nobody will make you go out into the horrid field wearing a rug when all you want to do is snuggle in your bedroom and eat... nobody will chicken out of doing the big classes at competitions because they know they don't do you justice... you're a good girl Mils. We'll always love you beautiful girl. Thank you for everything, I'm so sorry you had to go that way.
All the love to you Miss Milly.

gre.jpg

mimimimi.jpg

mimi.jpg

mils.jpg

mili.jpg

mil.jpg

miiii.jpg

mii.jpg

Starzaan

Visit site
She was my best friend's horse, who I had the pleasure of knowing, caring for, and riding, for the last ten years.

Sadly things went very wrong with the friend, but I would give anything for her to have her Moomare back.

She had colic yesterday (nothing unusal, she was a rather sensitive soul), and when L went to check her at 3am, she was galloping around her box. Suddenly she flipped out, ran straight at the wall, head first...and that was it.

The fastest horse I've ever sat on, with the most spectacular jump. A complete pain in the arse most of the time - rearing, bucking, spinning, dragging you all over the place in hand, frequently running through or into things and requiring lots of stitches. But she was such a lovely girl. When L was pregnant (and didn't know) Moomare changed completely and turned into a complete donkey, looking after her the whole time.

She was Roy's best friend in all the world, and the reason he smashed through three post and rail fences one day.

She gave me the best cross country round of my life two years ago, and taught me so much about dealing with tricky horses. She was a write off when L and I found her, having been a ringer in Ireland, and then sent over to England where she had dumped and injured everyone who tried to ride her. She lost most of her tail in an accident, and her boyfriend of the time, Bredon, had to go into theatre with her to shut her up because she fought the anaesthetic to the last!

She had a wicked sugar intolerance, and would go utterly loopy when given sugar. However, she tried her heart out up the gallops, and across country, and had to be plied with sugar cubes following fast work, or she got the shakes and fell over.

Run free little one. Love you.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
The consolation, if there can be such a thing, is that she didn't really know what was happening at the end. Probably running on instinct and adreniline.

Hugs and thoughts to your friend and to you.

Chestnutmare

Visit site
Oh how horrific poor lil girl she sounded like a right character too sorry again for the loss :(

May she now rest in peace up in the great field above..galloping everywhere