Ruth Baxter - any views?

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Ruth Baxter is running a clinic at a local yard and as it's hack-able for me, I was thinking about going. Does anyone have any experience/views of Ruth. I've seen her website, but nothing like personal experiences.

PM if you prefer.

3bh

Visit site
I haven't been taught by Ruth but I do know her on a professional as well as a personal basis as we both trained for qualifications at the same yard, she is a BHS II and Stable Manager: her website is here: http://horseridinginstructor.yolasite.com/

I would add that she has a wealth of experience working with both horses and people at all levels from grass roots to top level competition, a very likeable personality and dedicated to training people, "one to watch" as she is working her way up the BHS ladder.

Parkview

New User
Visit site
Ruth has had a very calming influence on the horses/riders she has taught at the yard including myself, she has worked well with our highly strung strong minded welsh d's. She has a wide range of knowledge across the disciplines and has plenty of experience to relate to. She will work with you on what you aim to achieve with your horse however small or large your goals may be.

She has been extremely friendly and helpful whilst i have been working towards my coaching exams, inviting me to shadow her and she has various courses organised throughout the area which are open to all.

Janette

Visit site
Ruth teaches me (in fact, I am the 'before and after' pic on her website, (services page))

She is really good, and has worked wonders with us. I only started to succeed at what we do, after Ruth got her hands on us.
She rides beautifully and has a very beneficial effect on a somewhat bolshy mare. :D

I'm looking forward to starting again when Star comes off box rest and is back in work.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Yes - she taught my son for a while and also worked for us for a couple of years on the showing yard. She also works for us on an ad hoc basis when we do some of the more northern shows (such as Great Yorkshire) which fits in with her desire to return to teaching.

I would definitely recommend going to the clinic.

ruth83

Visit site
She uses this forum ;)

I do indeed :D

Thank you for the lovely comments guys (cheques are in the post ;)!!)

Ludi Doodi, it would be lovely to see you at the clinic. If you decide to book on, send me a PM with a little information about you and your horse and we can have a chat about what you would like to achieve.

Katamaran

Visit site
Ruth used to teach me regularly, however now I just have to make do when she visits down south!

Having a very quirky, 'individual' exracehorse, Ruth does a fab job with both of us. I'm very picky about who I will have lessons with however I had 2 with Ruth last weekend, including 1 on Sunday morning having been totally hammered on Saturday night as I couldn't bring myself to miss the opportunity!