Ruth Edge

scs

Visit site
Yes, I (and my partner) own (and bred) Paper Tiger - and he had 14.3 for his event dressage twice last year - my boy! He is entered at Witton event at the w/e, so fingers crossed for him - his first event of the year...

Little_Mare

Visit site
Well congratulations to you then!
grin.gif

I think the main point is, she's not just going out and winning at BD, she's winning (dominating is the word used in the report!) at regional championships with big scores!

scs

Visit site
Thank you!
Yes, she does work very hard at the dressage - she spent 2 weeks in January in Holland training with Bert Rutten - and Simba (Paper Tiger) was lucky enough to be one of the 3 horses she took with her.

Halfstep

Visit site
Ruth frequently beats the pants off pure dressage riders - and at advanced levels (AM -PSG) as well. I have a huge amount of respect for her as a rider, and she is someone I would LOVE to train with!
scs - Paper Tiger is stunning, you must be so proud.

x

Folara

Visit site
... and wasnt Simba's medium score the highest of ALL the Regionals? Very deserved, I have literally finished watching the tests on DVD (courtesy of our mutual friend
wink.gif
) and am still grinning at how beautifully Ruth rides and how stunning he was.

Ruth really is a remarkable and talented rider.

Good luck for Witten .. I shall be waiting to hear all about it.

seza

Visit site
Ruth also writes column for a local magasine, she trains other riders, she is very fast against the clock (bsja) and is usually selected for silver/gold training with the bsja. On top of that she is friendly and helpful and one of the most solid riders you could hope to see. She has worked for and deserves every success.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Congratulations on breeding such a fantastic horse. How is he bred? Have you got others with her? Are you not tempted to save him as a dressage horse, or has he been selected for the olympic pathway project?

lorenababbit

Visit site
ruth is a goddess and fantastic at all three disciplines. pity there arent a few more of the up and comings who take the dressage phase as seriously as she does. good on her and good luck for the weekend!

welshchick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing from his name he may be by Java Tiger? Am I correct?

Ruth Edge is really one of the best all round equestrian sportswomen of our time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree. She made her Badminton debut at the age of 18. Saw her and was very impressed.

Petrie

Visit site
I agree with Rambo, someone at Ruth Edge's level, ie. competing at Advanced/4* would without question be competitive at dressage up to Advanced Medium and 1m30 show jumping.

This is the equivalent of what they do eventing, although of course they don't have to jump off.

I'm not talking about everyone who does Advanced eventing, but someone of Ruth Edge's caliber would be. After all, advanced medium and 1m30 is considered by dressaging and show jumping professionals as being 'lower level'!

Not for us mere mortals though...

scs

Visit site
He is by Java Tiger out of an irish mare by Santa's Sleigh, that we bought from Vere Phillips, so he is virtually full thoroughbred. He is our only horse with Ruth - and has given us a lot of pleasure so far! At the moment, he will event and do dressage, and will probably let us know which he prefers as time goes on....