sacroids? melanoma? cysts or warts???

polyphonic

Visit site
on my grey i have recently found about 5-6 warty type lumps on his body. one is on his forehead and seems to be being pushed through the skin and last night i have found one on his back by his kidneys. it was sore for me to touch and have a feel around and is quite small but the area around it is a little puffy. obviously im not going to ride him if there is discomfort but has any one ideas on what this might be or how long should i leave it before i get the vet out. obvioulsy i want the best for me lad but i dont want to get the vet out should it go down or heal in a few days time... please any ideas????
crazy.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Tough to know without seeing them tbh
frown.gif
Sarcoids tend to be more scabby / warty in nature. Melanomas can be either in the form of little skin tags or harder lumps.

Given he's grey... the likelyhood would naturally be melanomas but as I said, without seeing them theres no way to be sure and the texture doesnt sound quite right.

My boy has a few melanomas but I have to say they arent sore to the touch at all nor do they cause any localised swelling. They just exist - if you get what i mean!

I doubt they're just going to go away to be honest.. and the only way to know for sure what they are would be to have the vet take a look. Also, this way you know whether anything needs treating or whether they just need to be left well alone.

collie

Visit site
one of My horse had a couple of sarcoids some time back you have to be careful as there are 3 or 4 diferent kinds. Some come up and can be left alone depending where they are. Some need to be treated as they can become very big and sore looking. I would get the vet to have a look cause if they are sarcoids they are best dealt with in the early stages if possible. The only gloomy part of the problem if they are sarcoids is they have high recurrence of returning. Having said that i treated my mare with the Liverpool cream and they have not returned yet. The cream is very expensive and has to be administered by the vet but i think it was money well spent but not everyone would agree. There are many anecdotal remedies for sarcoids but i found most of them to be ineffective. I would suggest you get them looked at in the first instance and that wil at least put your mind at rest.