Sacroiliac pain :( trying not to assume the worst!

BBP

Visit site
cobwithattitude - I haven't managed to find anyone interested in ST yet, but we do have a dressage trainer coming this weekend, so I'm having groundwork session with him. Ken Sudsbury, Fusion Dressage. I think he follows a similar school of training to Phillipe Karl. He comes and does clinics at our place every few months I think.
Also - if you're in Warwickshire, have you heard of Dan Wain? I went to a groundwork clinic at his earlier this year, EXCELLENT. Again, follows Phillipe Karl. The only reason I haven't gone back is I dont have my own transport, it becomes a logistical nightmare trying to organise it all and very expensive at £50 per transport, plus £40 for the clinic. But might be worth you contacting Dan, he's out Moreton Morrell way.

Oh nuts, just saw this, was going to ask if you had a lesson with Ken Sudsbury if you could ask if he still has Fiel, but you must have had your lesson already. BBP is a son of Ken and Sue’s black PRE stallion Fiel.

Coincidentally BBP has also had SI issues, which is why I opened this thread to see if I had any pearls of wisdom I could share!

ponyparty

Visit site
Oh nuts, just saw this, was going to ask if you had a lesson with Ken Sudsbury if you could ask if he still has Fiel, but you must have had your lesson already. BBP is a son of Ken and Sue’s black PRE stallion Fiel.

Coincidentally BBP has also had SI issues, which is why I opened this thread to see if I had any pearls of wisdom I could share!

Well he'll be back next month so I'll ask him then BBP :)

The groundwork session was really good, feel like a learned a lot.

Bruce was an absolute pig to begin with - just being bullish and walking straight through Ken. He had to learn some manners pretty sharpish. To be fair, the horseflies didn't help... He got it eventually though. It was interesting watching someone else work my horse and made me realise I am probably a bit too soft with him and give up too easily, but as I haven't been sure if what I'm doing it right, I haven't had the conviction to carry on! So it was really helpful in that respect.

I've got three movements to practice. By then end, his walk was much freer and he was engaging his back. Ken thinks a lot of the issues stem from Bruce's neck carriage and if we can work on softening the muscle on the underside and developing the muscle on top then things should fall into place - including his acceptance of the bit. He's just a very tense horse at the moment.

cobwithattitude, let me know if you want to book for next time - I can send you contact details.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Forgive me as only read the first page, I would look to a rehab technique such as Straightness Training rather than a gadget, plenty of more progressive physical therapists and trainers have issues with any of them, even the soft ones that simply go up over the back. I would never recommend anything like them (saddle fitter).

ponyparty

Visit site
Forgive me as only read the first page, I would look to a rehab technique such as Straightness Training rather than a gadget, plenty of more progressive physical therapists and trainers have issues with any of them, even the soft ones that simply go up over the back. I would never recommend anything like them (saddle fitter).

Just confirming what I'm already suspecting! I need to get him going properly without training aids.

Wish this heat would end, i'm finding it really hard to work him as even in the evenings it's so hot. It's really no fun being pregnant in the heat :(