Sad news item - dead horse found dumped

Surreydeb

Visit site
From Surrey Mirror online:

THE RSPCA is appealing for information after a dead horse was found at the side of train tracks. The horse was found early this morning (Wednesday) covered in hedge clippings at Effingham train station.

It is a piebald mare and very emaciated, wearing a maroon rug and a blue head collar.

RSPCA inspector Emma Swadlo said: “The horse died quite recently and we think it may have been dumped there overnight.

“It was almost hidden from sight by the hedge clippings that appear to have been deliberately dumped there as well to conceal it.”

The horse was not microchipped.

If anyone has any information on who dumped this horse outside Effingham station, or knows of someone who suddenly does not have a horse of this description, they can call our inspector information line in confidence on 0300 123 8018.

Surreydeb

Visit site
I know. There was a pic with the article really shockingly emaciated. It's the suffering the poor thing endured before death that haunts me.

SNORKEY

Visit site
I work for the police and unfortunately this does happen, we usually have a few each year in Hampshire. Its probably travellers and they probably won't be found or brought to justice I'm afraid, even if a vehicle reg was spotted and reported the vehicles are never registered to the correct person or address. We can only hope someone who knows the person comes forward.

Tormenta

Visit site
Serious question. We don't seem to have this problem in Aberdeenshire. I read somewhere that Aberdeenshire as a county has a large amount of equestrian enthusiasts compared to the rest of the UK ( Might not be true just repeating figures read). This is in no way meant as an argument but why so much in other areas of the UK especially England and Wales?