Sad time

SecondLifeOnHere

Visit site
I rarely post on here, more of a lurker these days, but I did post last year about some issues my much-adored gelding Pedito was having with his near hind - long story, found broken pedal bone, how he had hidden it, we will never know. Huge op, successful, but very long recovery. Sadly at the weekend he went slightly lame again, and on Tuesday after x-rays it was found that all around the pedal bone had developed an infection, infront and under the bone, plus after the long term box-rest, arthritic changes in back plus fronts had become very noticeable, plus a suspision that underlying issues may be hindering the healing process. so, at the age of 15.5, after 15 years together, I said goodbye to him, with the sun on his back. RIP P, you were my world, and will remain so. we miss you, but I would have been a very selfish mum to have tried to put you through another op and 12 months boxrest. I hope you forgive me and understand. Run free Poo-Horse, and mug everyone coming over the rainbow bridge for mints and treats. I'm angry I couldnt do anything, but so honoured you spent your life with us.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Aw you poor thing. I know exactly how you feel after having to make a similar decision for my mare last November. They really do break our hearts. RIP beautiful boy x

Adopter

Visit site
You gave him every chance and when the time came you gave him the last gift, to be free of pain. I hope the grief at your loss will ease with time and your memories of happier times will help you come through your sadness.

sandi_84

Visit site
So sorry to read this, nothing said can make you feel any better but you tried everything you could for your boy. So so sorry for your loss xXx

dizzyneddy

Visit site
Hugs. Very sad for your loss - very difficult decision after going through the op etc to give him a chance. Keep strong & treasure those special memories xxx

SecondLifeOnHere

Visit site
Thanks everyone, I feel guilty I can smile, but Im trying REALLY hard to remember all the great times... despite such a long time together, we didnt really do much, he had a LOT of sick notes, but he was such a stoic (sic) brave chap, I honestly dont care we probably managed about... 25 rides ever... I just enjoyed HIM. I'll never find another horse who likes taking the pee out of people so much, or who I would let get away with all the stuff he got away with. Mainly because i'd probably come off worse if I carried on whatever it was we were disagreeing on. I'll never meet another horse who climbs up outside his stable (all 800kg of him - to avoid his fly mask. Or asks to have his bum & bits scratched by cornering me and waving a very large back leg at me. He was most likely seen as a liability by those who didnt know him. Those who did will remember a character second to none. Peds, I miss you.