saddle advice

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I'm on the lookout for a saddle for my little man. I have been lent a cub saddle for the kids to use, but as I'll be breaking him myself I need something bigger. He is an 11.2hh welsh x, and most saddles seem to look asif they'll fit fine but won't fit my backside on!
has anyone a maxam saddle? what are they like?

hussar

Visit site
I used a 17" Maxam cob GP for my young Arab when I broke him and it suited well as it's lightweight. We still use it now for hacking, having had it refitted a couple of times as he changed shape. The Maxams won't last for ever but will do the job and are comfortable.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I used a 15" Thorowgood Pony Club saddle to do mine - which I got used to fitting in. Then got back on my mare in a 17 1/2" Albion and didn't know I was born!

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, I was thinking on getting a 15" one. I'd only be doing schooling and short hacks so it doesnt have to be mega comfy. Does the maxam have knee rolls?? And can you change the gullet?

pottamus

Visit site
I have the thorowgood cob GP saddle and love it to bits. I have had it over a year now and use it for endurance too with no problems at all.