Saddle advice

Visit site
Just looking for some advice on saddles. Just broken my four year old in a few weeks ago, and just wonder what saddles people would recommend. Quite like the Albion K2 GP but wanting to do some more research. Would like something that is good for all round use, jumping and flatwork, or maybe something that would be suitable for showing too. Want a comfortable seat, black leather, and must be well fitted because his topline is not fantastic due to his age. What would people recommend? Thanks in advance

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
If he's not fully developed yet you would be daft to buy an expensive saddle yet as he will regularly change shape and you would have to buy another one, or two ,or three.

Visit site
Yes that's why I want one that can adapt slightly with him as he grows, maybe with a changeable gullet. Obviously I know he is going to change shape, but because he is young I want him to have a nice saddle on his back that won't be restricting his growth or causing him pain

PorkChop

Visit site
Personally I buy the saddle I want and then have the tree adjusted as they change shape. I send mine back to the makers however there is no reason why a decent saddler couldn't do this for you.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
The tree has to fit in the first place, adjustables are NOT all one tree fits all, whatever they say. Even wooden trees can be adjusted a little if you work with the right fitter, and only a fitter casting eyes over your horse will really know what tree will fit, anything else is guessing (you haven't even told us breeding!). SO in sort if you want something well fitting the shape of the horse is very important!

Visit site
He is half TB half cob. Didn't mention breed because I am just looking for ideas of makes and models, wasn't necessarily looking into so much detail about fitting yet. However what are your thoughts on treeless saddles?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Breed makes a big difference about makes and models to suggest though as different makes for different back types. Rather than get an adjustable if you have a saddler near you who carries a decent second hand stock then I would go that route (saddles don't hold much value once used so a nicer saddle for less £ that you can change when he needs a different one. Or get him fitted for one new that suits you both and get online then get saddler to adjust. Unless money is no object of course!