saddle and tack trends................do we think the expensive ones are worthy of their hype

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
No saddle fitter is going to say 'I refuse to fit a saddle to your horse because it is too fat!' Seriously. They are being paid to fit a saddle to your horse. I know farriers who have been replaced simply for saying 'Your horse is too fat, it is at serious risk of developing laminitis.' And worse still, vets unwelcome on yards for presenting bald facts about a horse's weight.

sbloom I'm frankly amazed all your XW+ clients have perfect weight horses.

Actually my fitter did just that.
We bought an overweight pony whose saddle was a terrible fit.
Fitter said pointless fitting something to her now.
Get the weight off and use a felt pad in the meantime, then fit a saddle in a few months' time.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Actually my fitter did just that.
We bought an overweight pony whose saddle was a terrible fit.
Fitter said pointless fitting something to her now.
Get the weight off and use a felt pad in the meantime, then fit a saddle in a few months' time.
Not weight so much but a friend of mine’s pony was out of work for a while and her saddler said don’t get me out until he’s built up some muscle again. She did groundwork and built up fitness with a bareback pad.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site

https://schleese.com/shop/

just wondered if anyone has ridden in one of these................?
Ooh is that the person in the article I posted?

the female anatomy argument may even fit with the old crap chair seat argument somewhere... however, I def have never had crotch pain and tip my pelvis back (not that I can remember) nor would I sit that far forward... food for thought anyway.

MummyEms

Visit site
My saddle is a butet mono flap which probably easily comes into the too expensive section . . .
I do find it fits my horse and me amazingly well though, possibly lucky find a it was second hand.... it is by far the comfiest thing I've ever sat in and makes me feel so safe.... some things though aren't worth the extra cash. I don't understand how some company's are charging £16 for a bottle of shampoo!!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
No saddle fitter is going to say 'I refuse to fit a saddle to your horse because it is too fat!' Seriously. They are being paid to fit a saddle to your horse. I know farriers who have been replaced simply for saying 'Your horse is too fat, it is at serious risk of developing laminitis.' And worse still, vets unwelcome on yards for presenting bald facts about a horse's weight.

sbloom I'm frankly amazed all your XW+ clients have perfect weight horses.

To the first point, it can be very hard to get weight off a horse that has no saddle, equally I have had several proper "sit down" lammi chats with customers.

Second point, I didn't say that. I would say that XW horses, even XXW, are far from "always" overweight and would more often than not be in the broadly healthy bracket. XXXW and wider are probably more often somewhat overweight than not, but healthy muscle can be WIDE. XXXXW is generally significantly overweight, and likely to be at serious risk of lammi. Otherwise you can be as amazed as you like, I've been doing this 12 years seeing an average of 10-15 horses a week and can only report what I see.

Ooh is that the person in the article I posted?

the female anatomy argument may even fit with the old crap chair seat argument somewhere... however, I def have never had crotch pain and tip my pelvis back (not that I can remember) nor would I sit that far forward... food for thought anyway.

Marketing, pure and simple. There are four types of pelvic shape and they occur in both genders, there is more variety within each gender than there is difference in the AVERAGE male pelvis and average female pelvis.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Marketing, pure and simple. There are four types of pelvic shape and they occur in both genders, there is more variety within each gender than there is difference in the AVERAGE male pelvis and average female pelvis.

I wholly agree - you can actually bring your leg back yourself anyway - saw this done countless times in various clinics (providing the SB is not miles ahead of you *tongue in cheek)and if you do struggle, some hip flexor and hamstring stretching out might come in handy - and calves.

bouncing_ball

Visit site
I wholly agree - you can actually bring your leg back yourself anyway - saw this done countless times in various clinics (providing the SB is not miles ahead of you *tongue in cheek)and if you do struggle, some hip flexor and hamstring stretching out might come in handy - and calves.
SB?