Saddle brands

ponies4ever

Visit site
If you have a saddle from one brand that fits should all others from the same brand of the same size fit? would the tree shape change or would it stay the same? Also would it stay the same between the twinned brands like bates and wintec, Kent and masters and thorowgood? Sorry for multiple questions but TIA

Hawks27

Visit site
I am afraid not, often if the style of saddle is different the fit is different even in the same brand, also with linked brands the reason they have multiple brands is to cover different designs and fit so they can sell to a wider market.
Sometimes if your really unlucky like me you can get the same saddle brad / model / size but a newer version and they've changed the flipping tree shape and it won't fit my impossible awkward shapped horse!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
If they weren't all different then we'd not have enough choice of saddles for all the variations in horse's back shape plus rider requirements. You can do a certain amount of research yourself, and companies will often advise which saddles come on the same trees, but it's best to use a fitter who is experienced with your shape of horse. Some brands like Silhouette are almost all made totally to order and so you can never know which trees are in them.