Saddle colour

How much did you weigh??

• Total voters

celia

Visit site
My sisters new pony is arriving next week (very exciting!
grin.gif
) and we'll be getting her a new saddle but I have no idea what colour to go for! Normally I'd go for brown but the pony's black so now I'm wondering whether black tack would look smarter? I really cannot decide and don't know many properly black horses otherwise I'd be seeing what looked good on them! She has a brown saddle at the moment with a black bridle and both look ok. Sorry if I'm rambling a bit - just wanted opinions really - which would you go for?

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
I have comitted the cardinal sin and have brown tack on a black horse!
blush.gif
But I much prefer brown tack as it isn't dyed as much and so doesn't rub off on light joddies, plus I just prefer brown tack to look at.

peapod

Visit site
I have a black pony, with black tack. Yes, for showing it's more "traditional" to have brown - but I think on most black ponies it looks better to have black to match!

Tia

Visit site
Sorry I could never bring myself to buying black tack ever, regardless of the colour of the horse. I voted brown.

Here's one of my black horses with brown tack on:

149838056.jpg

dieseldog

Visit site
In the olden days.....

Black tack was seen as inferior leather and only used for harnesses and Brown was considered better and used for riding tack. So traditionally it should be brown.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
In the olden days.....

Black tack was seen as inferior leather and only used for harnesses and Brown was considered better and used for riding tack. So traditionally it should be brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other way round here!! Black tack is smart because the gauchos use brown/rawhide tack
smile.gif