Saddle fitter East Sussex/Kent area needed asap

greenlivery

Visit site
Can anyone give me the contact details of a saddle fitter in my area (Rye/Tenterden TN31 area). I'm looking for someone who I can buy some saddles from and also get them fitted, and possible re-fit one that I already own.
I have tried to get in contact with someone who has been highly recomended called Alex, but he must be really busy as I can't seem to get hold of him.
Thank you!

Ladyinred

Visit site
I did reply before and suggest Saddleworld in Ulcombe near Maidstone, but I think the original thread might have got buried!

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Locally there is Alex McCracken (think how it is spelt), Andrew Reilly, Sian Saddlery, Penfolds (but they have a long appointment lead time), and there is Juliette Lilly who used to work at Windmill - she's a qualified saddle fitter. I don't know if she has saddles in stock but I do know that Hailsham Feeds, Sian Saddlery and the Tack Shack in Uckfield are 'swimming' in second hand saddles. I also use a girl called Nicky who is good at quick call outs but you have to trawl the local saddlers for saddles and then she'll check the fit. I also know Spragg Saddlery told me last week that they have very limited second hand stock. PM if you want any numbers.

Hope this helps.

JLD

Visit site
andrew reilly is very good, martin from penfolds excellant but usually long wait, have also heard good things about jackie winchester farthing sadllery. sians and windmill have lots of second hand saddles.

Flint12

Visit site
Andrew reiley is very busy, i wouldnt recommend him as had a bad experience with a saddle he fitted. I use Joules from Windmill feeds and i really like her, has quite a selection of second hand/new saddles. Martin from penfolds is the one everyone at my yard uses but he has about a 6 week waiting list, as someone i know has booked in for the middle of sept, do know one person who had a bad experience with him. Sians also has a lare selection of second hand saddles.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
Can anyone give me the contact details of a saddle fitter in my area (Rye/Tenterden TN31 area). I'm looking for someone who I can buy some saddles from and also get them fitted, and possible re-fit one that I already own.
I have tried to get in contact with someone who has been highly recomended called Alex, but he must be really busy as I can't seem to get hold of him.
Thank you!

I (and my neighbour) use Colin Lisle, he made my saddle to fit my horse and could possibly have some second hand saddles which are his ones he has made. I know he travels around Sussex and other areas. If you would like his tel. no. then please pm me even if you just call him to enquire etc etc. He took about 2 weeks to 'make' my saddle and I will always go back to him for another new one and for adjustments etc.

He even provided me with a saddle whilst I waited. He lent me a lovely dressage saddle which was nearly new which he made especially for a horse who was coming over to the UK to complete and I think something else happened to the horse and I ended up buying it as a 2nd/spare saddle (£230!!!! and that was approx 7 years ago). I couldn't of got that saddle in a shop for that price!

MissTyc

Visit site
I recommend Andrew Reilly as well -- never bought a saddle off him, but he successfully fitted two Ebay purchases and has sold + fitted saddles for a few horses on my yard - my McT lady also rates him.

Visit site
Its strange when discussing saddlers that one person has a good experience with a certain saddler and someelse wouldnt use them at all.Just talking about saddles with a friend this morning and something I wouldnt use has sorted out her difficult saddle problem !

greenlivery

Visit site
alma - totally agree!! So far, everyone who is recomended, then has someone else say they are awful. I'm really stuck!
Does anyone have the number for Andrew Riley? I called today from a number I found online and it said it didn't exist! Any other phone numbers would be appreciated, I'm not having much luck and havn't been able to ride in months!

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
alma - totally agree!! So far, everyone who is recomended, then has someone else say they are awful. I'm really stuck!
Does anyone have the number for Andrew Riley? I called today from a number I found online and it said it didn't exist! Any other phone numbers would be appreciated, I'm not having much luck and havn't been able to ride in months!

the number I have for him is 07775648384

greenlivery

Visit site
Thank you very much Seahorse :)
Sags-Deer - Thank you so much, thats really kind. I have two possibilities lined up, so if they don't work out I will PM you, but fingers crossed the lady I have found locally can help me, if not I will try a few numbers that people have been kind enough to give me.
Thanks again :)