Saddle fitter Northern Ireland

Bairbrenica

New User
Visit site
I'm trying to find recommendations for a good knowledgeable saddle fitter, preferably someone that could come out to the yard in Monaghan as I have no horsebox at the moment.
I've used saddle fitters previously but not had great experiences with them, the most recent one came out, saw me riding her in my saddle, checked it all over and told me my saddle fitted my mare only to discover later that it really didn't fit her at all and was affecting her back quite badly.

So if anybody has any recommendations they would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:

Fiona

Visit site
Tommy McClelland of Annaghmore Saddlery fitted our v round hard to fit pony with a great wee saddle and also my tb mare.

Have also used Bracken Equestrian in the past.

Fiona

gwenadsup

New User
Visit site
I'm trying to find recommendations for a good knowledgeable saddle fitter, preferably someone that could come out to the yard in Monaghan as I have no horsebox at the moment.
I've used saddle fitters previously but not had great experiences with them, the most recent one came out, saw me riding her in my saddle, checked it all over and told me my saddle fitted my mare only to discover later that it really didn't fit her at all and was affecting her back quite badly.

So if anybody has any recommendations they would be greatly appreciated :)
Hi
I would not use Robert at old mill ' got daughter horse fitted in October ' horse end up with sadle sores and saddle kept going to the right side of the horse ' vet and physio called both agree it was the fitting of the saddle ' so with a lot of care to recover him from his back pain ' we then could get him refit for a new saddle ' we rook the horse back to Robert on a Monday ' daughter rode horse rhe next day with new saddle ' went to put saddle on the Wednesday and now the horse has a sore back from saddle not being probably fitted by Robert ' Robert would not even phone us back ' now we are back to square one again ' now vet called and physio

sportsmansB

Visit site
Hi
I would not use Robert at old mill ' got daughter horse fitted in October ' horse end up with sadle sores and saddle kept going to the right side of the horse ' vet and physio called both agree it was the fitting of the saddle ' so with a lot of care to recover him from his back pain ' we then could get him refit for a new saddle ' we rook the horse back to Robert on a Monday ' daughter rode horse rhe next day with new saddle ' went to put saddle on the Wednesday and now the horse has a sore back from saddle not being probably fitted by Robert ' Robert would not even phone us back ' now we are back to square one again ' now vet called and physio

I take it you are the same people posting this all over facebook also?

I'll say what I said on that post before it was deleted due to so many people supporting Robert
Robert fitted my exceptionally fussy horse with an excellent saddle which suits us both perfectly. My horse already has some back issues which have been helped rather than hindered by this well fitting saddle. I'm sorry that you are so unhappy but I will defend a hard working local business owner with whom I have only ever had excellent experiences