Saddle fitter recommendations please!

georgiegirl

Visit site
as title please! I really want someone who is interested in the fit of the saddle and what best for the horse. Mine was fitted with a bates momentum as a 5yo and it has done us really well and never had a problem for the last few years (horse now rising 8)

However as she has got older and is now eventing etc we noticed at the back end of last year it wasnt as great a fit as it could be and had started slipping back (and lifting at the back slightly when jumping). this theme has continued as she has come back into proper work after a very easy winter so before the season starts we really need to get it looked at. I have put the next size down gullet in but we still have the backwards shift (although not as much). I would hate to have to change saddles etc as we have both always really got on well with the bates momentum although if she has changed shape too much then theres no choice!

So yes, basically looking for someone who is good and interested in saddle fit rather than sales being their first priority. I do have transport so I am willing to travel further afield for someone good.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

georgiegirl

Visit site
ps I must add I have had it checked yearly since it was fitted (last check was this time last year) though I must say the chap we have as a fitter basically gave her a 2 second glance last time and said everything was fine and charged me £50 for the privilage so its sad to say but Ive lost trust in his opinion and coupled with the saddle movement we now have its prompted me to look elsewhere.

Rockchick

Visit site
Kim Gordon is fantastic - Society of Master Saddlers approved too :)

PM me if you'd like her number :)

Shes more interested in the saddle fitting properly than making money :)

ArtyLinz

Visit site
Sarah Steel is fantastic. One of the few Saddlers who will come out to fit a saddle that she hasn't sold you - knowledgable, helpful and honest.

Can't recommend her enough, she checked both my boys saddles and all that needed doing was a bit of stuffing in one and none to the other. It's the best kind of craftsman that can happily tell you nothing needs doing :)