Saddle fitter visit

Redders

Visit site
I am sharing a call out with a Master Saddler today to check fit of my saddle. It seems fine and she goes well in it, but want to be sure. Now, in my area, it is famously poor for saddle fitters, Not saying all are bad at all, just seems to be people telling me who to avoid rather than who they would recommend! The one coming today is hard to reach but have heard good feedback about.

Looking for tips for what constitutes a good visit and what to be wary of! Really don't want to get stung. I obviously want my horse to have the best for her, just don't want to be lead up the garden path!!

Fitter also does made to measure- never had one before, so what kind of figure would I be looking at (ball park to give me an idea) for an event saddle?

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
The fitter should take yours and the horse's opinion into account, should see you ride in all paces possible, and give you written terms of condition of any sale if you buy a saddle. If they take the saddle away to adjust it (adjusting on site is usuall preferable) then they should come back to check the fit and again see it ridden. They should be happy to answer questions and explain why they are doing what they are doing. You should feel you know at least a little more about why your saddle does or doesn't fit when they leave, and ideally should have been shown how to monitor the fit yourself so you know when next to call them out.

I always generall recommend against M2M - you have no right to a trial period as you would with an off the peg saddle, you are beholden to their good customer services if you don't get on with the saddle.

JulesT

Visit site
Any chance you could send this on to me as well please?

Can i also get this please?

I have an issue with a master saddler fitting a brand new saddle and the saddle has now caused awful pain on my horses back under the panels :'(

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Can i also get this please?

I have an issue with a master saddler fitting a brand new saddle and the saddle has now caused awful pain on my horses back under the panels :'(

I can't PM you as you have to have written so many posts before you can PM people.
Email me on unicornleather@excite.com and I will email you the article, Oz

Bernster

Visit site
Hello. Would love a copy too please :) Thank you.

Same here OP, I have heard mixed reviews from most saddlers although haven't had cause to complain about the ones I've used and have had a few saddlers check the fit and all have been consistent in their feedback. I think that's about as much as I can hope for given my limited knowledge of the area. Hopefully CDMs article will help me in advance of my next fitting !