Saddle for a PRE horse

Embudo

New User
Visit site
I have a 15 HH PRE horse who came over from Spain 18 months ago. I am really struggling to find a saddle that he is comfortable with as he is so short in his back. Does anyone have any suggestions? What do other Spanish horse owners use on their horses? Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Happytohack

Visit site
I am riding in andalucia at the moment :) The horses here all have barefoot saddles (treeless). However, I personally don't find them that comfortable. I also own a very short coupled horse and ended up with a solution saddle for him. They are rather pricey, but certainly money well spent in my case.

dianchi

Visit site
Another vote for the Strada, I have one on a TB and love it!

There is also a Ideal copy from Martin Wilkinson in Herts that fits Iberians, not sure which Ideal its based on- sorry!

Darcydoo

Visit site
Did you get your saddle sorted ? If not try Select Saddles ,Michelle is a saddle fitter but also has a few Spaniards of her own :) xx

pistolpete

Visit site
My friend has a Spanish horse who is ridden in a Farrington GP saddle I think. uses same thype for her Arab too. More affordable and very comfortable for the rider.