Saddle For Andalusian? Any Idea??

Tamba

Visit site
As some of you know, I have a very pretty Andalusian filly. I am rebacking her at the minute. But I have realised today that the saddle is a bit tight. Im using my Arabs saddle. He is pretty wide and flat backed, but this madam, is very, very wide and seems to be constantly changing shape. So I thought of a Wintec Wide, (the synthetic type for now, to continue rebacking her in), I know there are a few andalusian owners, and other flat backed (cob and Arab ) owners, around on this wonderful forum, so just wondered what everyone else used. It s a fylde show saddle that I have for my arab.
Thanks to all in advance!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Andalusian's often cannot take GP saddles due to their shoulders (I have had one) so I had to use a dressage saddle on mine. A Wintec dressage should fit fine - they are comfy for the rider too
grin.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I have a Barefoot London treeless saddle for dressage on mine, and a MW albion K2 for jumping, both seem to fit fine, although I have minimal padding on the albion.
smile.gif

I have heard that the wintecs are wide at the front, but the wintec wide will still have the same width gullet as any other wintec, so might still be too narrow. I considered a wintec, but after hearing this, I went for a treeless instead
smile.gif

LauraWinter

Visit site
After literally years spent trying to find a saddle to fit my arab mare really well I have ended up with her in an Ideal working hunter- the shape of it is absolutely perfect on her flat back and non existent wither and shoulder. The only thing is that the saddle has a slightly strange 'balance'- not just on her, its the actual saddle. It tips backwards slightly and if used alond would leave the rider balanced slightly too far back on her back. I use a graduated prolite rear riser to correct this and it is just perfect. Hope that helps
smile.gif

rouxinol

Visit site
mik - thanks for the link ! I have literally just be trying to find the details on this saddle and - Bingo ... there it is !! Fab LOL
I have a lusitano and find that only a dressage saddle fits due to the shoulders - bit uncomforatble when we pop a small jump but then again we're not showjumpers !!!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I have a Lovatt & Ricketts Elipse on one of mine and a Bates Isabell Werth on the other, am really pleased with the bates and they do it in synthetic too, Both my ridden mares are really short coupled. The Ideal VSD fitted really well as did the Jessica.

I had a wintec dressage, it was OK but I am not a real fan of them, they are ok if you are on a budget though.

Calvo

Visit site
My half bred is in a thorowgood T6 Gp saddle and fits him fabulously however he is being aimed at eventing so not focusing on pure dressage (very good at dressage mind lol)

Tamba

Visit site
CHEERS< TA, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love you all!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Just bid and won a nice barefoot treeless, so will use this as shes changing shape so much, and I have saved the post, for future ref, so that when I go to get the next, I have some wonderful suggestions........... TA, TA, TA ALL!!!!!!!!!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
I know that someone who rides & breeds Andalusians bought our Wintec Pro dressage saddle a few years ago, so apparently they worked for her! :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do work, I am just not a fan for pure dressage tbh, as I said, they are OK if you are on a budget.

rocketdog69

Visit site
I have a PRE and he wears a Strada Dressage Saddle (formerly Michela Leng) and also a Strada jumping saddle. They are superb, not cheap but worth it. My friend who is a Master Saddler and who also owns Iberians (so fully understands their anatomy and physiollogy) made them both before the company changed hands and became Strada.

I cannot reccomend them enough.

Google Strada Saddles for more info.

Personally wouldnt touch a treeless saddle even if someone gave me a million quid to do so, would rather go bareback!

Tamba

Visit site
Thanks for your recommendations, I will have a look at that,
I went for the treeless, just because she s changing shape so much, shes still a bit babyish and the more Im doing with her , shes building up muscle, . I doubt a saddle will fit her for more than a few weeks at the min. As shes just rising 4.
But I will definitely have a look at them, for when I get her another saddle.
grin.gif
grin.gif