Saddle for hard to fit cob

dilbert

Visit site
Hust wondering if there were any saddles out there that specifically suited hard to fit types? Sometimes my boy loves his T4 cob plus but up his workload and he seems to get muscle atrophy around his withers , plus he is very changeable shape wise despite very careful management. I've ridden him in a prolite front riser and the atrophy went away but as soon as the front riser is taken away is starts to return.

I need to get a saddle that he loves so I can get him fit this yea and the hopefully keep him at a stable size and shape.

he can only take a 17 inch saddle so I'm on a mission to slim down a bit .

Doublethyme

Visit site
What about one of the new Heather Moffatt FlexEE saddles. They are supposed to be excellent for changing shape horses and I've heard good things about them. May be worth a trial. I'm considering switching my old Wintec for one on my oldie.

dilbert

Visit site
Thanks :) do they have a weight limit on them do you know? I will find out about trying one, I think I need t try every saddle in the world lol.

Ella19

Visit site
Look at the native pony saddle company too, they don't just do saddles for natives, they often fit cobs too. I have one and its great! Would highly recommened

tazzle

www.funbugfund.co.uk
depending on what you want to do or compete

I have a mackinder endurance saddle which is the most comfortable saddle I have ever sat on , great weight bearing area .... and as its a flexible tree too with dense foam it moulds to the shape it needs to be.

Picture526.jpg

Dexydoodle

Visit site
Saddle Company Saddle. Tried so many different saddles on my v wide mare, she's only 14.3 and can only take a 17" saddle but is XXXW (not fat, just her build!). Nothing fit at all, tried a SCS and haven't looked back - didn't know she walked out, shocked me the first few times I rode her after it was fitted - gave her shoulders enough room to move freely!