Saddle Help Please

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Difficult to tell from the pics, but it looks like the saddle is too far back on the horse's loins to me. Maybe it's just slipped back, but the panels seem to protrude out behind the cantle a fair way. Think we need to see the whole horse!

Have you got a clearer pic of the saddle on the horse without a rider?

gold

Visit site
Difficult to tell from the pics, but it looks like the saddle is too far back on the horse's loins to me. Maybe it's just slipped back, but the panels seem to protrude out behind the cantle a fair way. Think we need to see the whole horse!

Have you got a clearer pic of the saddle on the horse without a rider?

I will get some for you now with different angles.. won't be long....

Ella19

Visit site
I think you need a bigger seat or flatter cantle. You are by no means big but in those photos you are sitting on the back of the saddle. You may find different makes suit you better. I struggle to fit a 16.5 Albion bit easily fit a 16.5 ideal or jump saddle with a flatter seat profile.

gold

Visit site
I think you need a bigger seat or flatter cantle. You are by no means big but in those photos you are sitting on the back of the saddle. You may find different makes suit you better. I struggle to fit a 16.5 Albion bit easily fit a 16.5 ideal or jump saddle with a flatter seat profile.

Yes this is what I feel like - I am so off balanced :-(
Saddles are so stressful & finding a trustworthy fitter

What did you think of the photos with just saddle & no rider? Sorry they're not very clear !

Ella19

Visit site
I personally don't like the big back panels and not sure they fit him very well in a weight bearing way, but the saddle does look balanced front to back.

If he were mine I would be looking for a different saddle.

gold

Visit site
Thanks for the advice!!
Oh what fun only spent £850 on this one about 6 months ago :-(

Now to hopefully find the perfect saddle !

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
If you dont' mind me asking, as a saddle fitter, what are your specific concerns? I would say it doesn't look a bad fit for the horse BUT dynamic fit is everything, and if it is drifting back as it has in the ridden photo, or moving in any other way, there is an issue. It looks a little low in front in the ridden pic because of that. The shot from the rear shows panels that look a little too upside down V shaped instead of being flatter from side to side, but if softly flocked (not sure they are?) then that isn't the worst saddle fitting crime ever :)

If you want to post photos again for saddle fitting advice then do take a whole horse conformation shot with the saddle girthed up firmly, that and the one from the front that you have posted, and is perfect, tell a lot of the story, plus ridden shots. If you dont' show feet and floor you really can't assess balance. A naked photo of the horse can be useful, in this case I suspect your horse looks a lot flatter than the tree of the saddle, that rear gusset might be overcompensating for a slightly too curvy tree (ie deep seat with little flat spot).

Last edited: