Saddle help

Kimperkins500

Visit site
I’ve got a 16hh Spanish mare with a back just under 17inches.
I need. 17.5 and as far as I know only Schleese brands cater for this but importing one from American is thousands!!
She has massive shoulder movement and I need something to help to ease the SI and not aggrevate it. Please any one have some suggestions on a saddle!

Yeomans

Visit site
I think Louisa Cuomo does saddles for Spanish horses. She is a lovely lady and travels all over England. Give her a call and have a chat.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
There are lots of other options that have short footprints, and if you really wanted one you can get a Schleese here, but sales and servicing are done by a lady from Holland which caused a lot of nightmares over lockdown as you can imagine.

Kimperkins500

Visit site
There are lots of other options that have short footprints, and if you really wanted one you can get a Schleese here, but sales and servicing are done by a lady from Holland which caused a lot of nightmares over lockdown as you can imagine.
I’ve got a fitter based here who does Schleese but the saddle I need is nowhere to be found in the UK. And to be honest I’d be so silly to buy a saddle without trying one

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I’ve got a fitter based here who does Schleese but the saddle I need is nowhere to be found in the UK. And to be honest I’d be so silly to buy a saddle without trying one

Ahh okay, you're looking for used? And I presume not in the UK....definitely more tricky. If you have a fitter you trust that you can work with then do consider forward balance saddles like Amerigo, they often have a shorter footprint anyway and obviously sitting the rider forwards means the weight doesn't affect the back of the saddle in the same way as a Schleese or other more English style saddle.

Kimperkins500

Visit site
Ahh okay, you're looking for used? And I presume not in the UK....definitely more tricky. If you have a fitter you trust that you can work with then do consider forward balance saddles like Amerigo, they often have a shorter footprint anyway and obviously sitting the rider forwards means the weight doesn't affect the back of the saddle in the same way as a Schleese or other more English style saddle.
Yes used, but customs and insurance is sky high I went through the process but then thought surely there must be something over here in England! She’s not the only sensitive Spanish horse!!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You can fit smaller panels to a larger seat in a WOW saddle.