saddle make, anyone know this?

lara b

Visit site
Hi
I have a saddle on trial from my local saddlers but the badge has worn off and neither me, my friend or the saddler recognise the pin.

Its a white background with a red cross and three little rossettes at the top. Saddle is quite old but lovely and soft, will try it tom but just curious if anyone knows the make?

Hot choc to all! :)

dreamcometrue

Visit site
Its a Sayers of Walsall. I have one and everyone lusts after it. It is the most fabulous comfy saddle.

You can see the stud on here

PICT0010.jpg

A saddler told me it is real quality because the back is like this rather than just plain

25March11006.jpg

July2408012.jpg

lara b

Visit site
Thanks can't blow pics up on phone but saddle definitely looks the same so pretty sure that's it! Great inform too, just hope it fits him now as it looks lovely! :) :) p.s your horse looks lovely colour!

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I have to disagree with the saddler - how the cantle is finished has nothing whatsoever to do with quality. Cantles can be plain (an art to getting leather to sit flat, easier the better the quality of the leather in actual fact), gathered (probably the easiest I'd guess), darted like that one, or panelled.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
As sbloom says and also the most obvious sign that the saddle has been made well is, in the first photo where you are looking down onto the head of the saddle, if you look at the skirts you can't see any stitches round it. If stitches are visible it means the skirts are machined on (massed produced method on cheaper made saddles) but if no stitches are visible,as in this one, it has had the skirts hand sewn on, it takes time and skill to do this well. It shows a GOOD quality saddle, traditionally made as I suspect this one is. Unless they have discovered a way of machining them on now (modern methods) then this saddle was made the old fashioned way!