Saddle Makers

mums the groom

Visit site
Saddle Makers....why oh why will you not put your prices on your websites, I would like to buy a new saddle and contrary to popular belief all horse owners are not multi millionaires and actually have to work out if they can afford to have a new saddle for a difficult to fit pony. ( sorry rant over )

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Don't know what your budget is or what sort of saddle your after, but can recommend Heritage Saddlery bought a WH one last year and I love it, they are not expensive either for the quality

Casey76

Visit site
I’d imagine it’s because the makers themselves don’t actually sell the saddles, it is the vendors/resellers who do; I’d imagine the makers have a guide price , but then the vendors add their own mark up etc... unless you have a direct to customer sales (and not many manufacturers do this anymore)

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Yep, most are makers not retailers, tack shops are hit and miss as to whether they have prices. We list all our prices but to keep it easy to update (is a lot of work with a price increase if you list the price next to each saddle) it's at the end of the online and downloadable brochure, alluded to in the menu/titles yet people miss them all the time. Drives me nuts but we've yet to come up with a solution, perhaps when we finally get a new website we can find a better way.

Baywonder

Visit site
This. Most manufacturers supply directly to retailers, and few would sell direct to the public. The exception to this would probably be the smaller, bespoke saddle makers. Whilst the saddle maker may give retailers
I’d imagine it’s because the makers themselves don’t actually sell the saddles, it is the vendors/resellers who do; I’d imagine the makers have a guide price , but then the vendors add their own mark up etc... unless you have a direct to customer sales (and not many manufacturers do this anymore)

an idea of what to sell them for, most will put their own mark up on them.