Saddle makes for flat backed Connie?

Yogi Bear

Visit site
My boy is still in his baby saddle as he keeps changing shape, but I think we are stabilising.
Any brands for dressage and event type saddles for flat backed round ponies?
Trying to budget before I get saddlery out.
Thanks!!

live-love-laugh

Visit site
Bates, and Kent and Masters are good for flat backed horses due to their tree shape. There's a couple of other brands as well my saddler told me was good for flat backed round ponies but I cannot for the life of me remember what she said.

Hopefully a few other people can help with other brands.

LCH611

Visit site
2 of my connies have thorowgoods (they have v high sprung ribs, no withers and wide spines), the other 2 are less loo roll shaped and 1 has an adjustable Hastilow jumping saddle, and the other has had to make do with a 2nd hand Wychanger - although I pinch the Hastilow for him if it isn't being used.

Cobbychic

Visit site
I had Kent and masters and didn't like it, a lot of panel and felt detached from my horse. Also caused muscle damage behind shoulder :( saddles eh!

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Mine has a K&M S Series jump and a Throwgood dressage, both fit well on my boy who is another with high sprung ribs and barely any wither, and were deemed the most suitable for him by my saddler who is excellent and sells you the saddle you and your horse needs rather than the most expensive she can get her hands on. I find both very comfortable and I've had the S Series for two years now and it still looks practically brand new so none of these apparent bad wear problems I've heard regarding them.

Yogi Bear

Visit site
I have a thorowgood on him now so it sounds like I need to stay on the same lines shape wise and then perhaps just upgrade to something that suits what we want to do a bit more. Plus he has grown quite a bit so I am slightly perched in a smaller saddle when he can definitely take something slightly bigger now!

Stary

Visit site
I have a silohette on mine seems to work well and he's happy. My thorowgood adjustable saddle was no good at all.