Saddle mate or any alternative suggestions

ann-jen

Visit site
At our yard each livery has their own individual tack locker which has one saddle pole underneath a shelf halfway up. Now I have 2 saddles I need some way of storing both of them. There isn't enough room under the shelf to put both saddles on the pole on top of each other so at the moment the dressage saddle is on the rack and the jump saddle is rather unceremoniously dumped on the shelf but seeing as I've just paid a horrendous amount of money for a new saddle I'd rather have a better way of storing them.
Ideally I'd like something like a "saddle mate" which is a little free standing plastic block that would either fit underneath the saddle pole or if small enough on the shelf so I can store both saddles properly. I'm having trouble tracking one down. The only ones I've found online are either out of stock or appear to be in stock until I reach the check out. I just wondered if anyone either knew where I could get hold of one or could suggest an alternative. Oh and I don't think I'd be allowed to make any adjustments to the locker like adding another pole so it would have to be something free standing and not something that screws onto the wall.
Any ideas.....
confused.gif

hellybelly6

Visit site
What about a saddle horse of metal?

I am also looking for a saddle mate for my car. If I have any luck finding one, I will let you know!

ann-jen

Visit site
Thanks
smile.gif
- I will try for the one on ebay. I considered the metal type but I think they are still too tall for my locker.

ann-jen

Visit site
There probably isn't enough room for it to hang underneath in the tack locker but it is a thought for in the lorry though... thanks for the link.
We're mostly sunshine with some showers here so I hope the rain stops soon enough for you to get a ride.
smile.gif

ann-jen

Visit site
Oh I shall look into the possibility of a double pole as that would be ideal.
I saw the saddlemates on blue pony but when you went to the checkout it didn't have a price - came up like it was free! So I didn't go any further. I have bought the one off ebay so I am sorted for now. Thanks to everyone with suggestions. If I can get a double pole then the saddlemate will still be helpful at shows.

ann-jen

Visit site
Hm - the only thing is I'd have to take the original pole down and put new attachments in to put that one up and I'm not sure if we are allowed but I could definitely ask the YM.