Saddle pad half numnahs

lmp

Visit site
Hi all

Just wondering which is the best brand to buy (Stephens/Bartl/Nuumed etc). How do they come up after being washed!?

Thanks!

samp

Visit site
Depends on how thick you want them? Nuumed are not as thick as the others and personally I prefer as your saddle still fits with them

Hornby

Visit site
Sorry to be thick but can someone explain the use of these to me? If your saddle fits why do you need an extra pad (not having a go...I might be missing a shopping opportunity as I don't see their purpose?!) Maybe if you are jumping big fences regularly and the saddle might bang back onto the horse's back..but can someone explain please?

Coffee_Bean

www.horseandhound.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to be thick but can someone explain the use of these to me? If your saddle fits why do you need an extra pad (not having a go...I might be missing a shopping opportunity as I don't see their purpose?!) Maybe if you are jumping big fences regularly and the saddle might bang back onto the horse's back..but can someone explain please?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it spreads out the pressure evenly on the horses back, makes it comfier for the horse, or temporarily if the saddle doesn't fit...

trudytattinger

New User
Visit site
I like the Morpheus ones. They are not too thick and they wash up really well. I use mine because my horse has a sensitive back, but I didnt want the bulk under the flaps that you get with a fully lined numnah. Its made a big difference to him (I can really see a difference if I dont have it on!).

I know what you mean about why do you need one if your saddle fits well, but I think it acts like a cushion (Im not so light weight these days!!)

lmp

Visit site
My saddler came out and said that as my saddle isn't the 'perfect' fit i'm better off having layers of soft padding rather than stuffing the saddle too much so that it sits hard on his back, if that makes sense!

samp

Visit site
My saddler adviced me to get Griffin Nuumed half pad for under my dressage saddle as it was not the perfect fit. My jumping saddle is fine though

sunny123

Visit site
I was just about to ask about this as Sunny can be a bit cold backed but all the ones that I have seen have looked too thick, thanks very much!

not_with_it

Visit site
I bought a cottage craft one. Looks really smart and not too expensive.
smile.gif