Saddle posting?

Redders

Visit site
I am selling my saddle as no longer fitted and just bought a new one. Can any one advise the best way of posting?! Royal Mail or parcel force, how do I take it to parcel force?! A courier? Which one and how do I get it there?! Any advise gratefully received!

bakewell

Visit site
You cannot overpack or overprotect! I put inside an old duvet cover, then the polysterene wotsits in a sturdy box. Label it as fragile. Insure it. Film you packing, sealing the box. Saddles are fraught with difficulties which is why so many insist on cash on collection now.

Parcel force you take to the post office, and you can arrange insurance etc and make sure you have the postage right there. DHL will collect from your home.
My Hermes has some mixed reviews on saddle transport so buyer beware.

Alert the buyer to note if the packaging is in any way damaged when they sign for it in the event of an insurance claim.
Do a search on here if you want some real horror stories.

Redders

Visit site
Thank you so much for advice, luckily have the box my new saddle was posted in which is chock full of packaging and saddle shaped paper rounding things so will use all of that. I will use your suggestion of an old duvet cover!

bakewell

Visit site
Thank you so much for advice, luckily have the box my new saddle was posted in which is chock full of packaging and saddle shaped paper rounding things so will use all of that. I will use your suggestion of an old duvet cover!

Duvet cover just stops little silly scratches. I also don't polish/ use product on it that week as it can attract dust in transit which is the scratchiest thing.
Oh and be prepared for it not to fit through the hatch at your post office. They'll still take it though.

Chococat

Visit site
I have used MyHermes twice this year to deliver saddles and have had great service each time, with both saddles arriving with buyers within 3 days. Paid extra for insurance and signature on delivery but still cheapest way I could find. I contacted the buyers as soon as they had taken delivery to make sure there where no problems. Both saddles had fleece cover and packed in box with lots of bubble wrap. I took lots of photos of each stage of packing and finished parcel. You can drop off parcel at your local Parcel Shop to save waiting in for MyHermes courier. Good luck selling your saddle.

Last edited: