saddle querey

missjj

New User
Visit site
Hi new to this forum!!! Just wanted to no what is the most popular saddle for a high withered t,b. Looking for an all purpose saddle that sits you nice and deep. Am going to get it fitted by a professional. Just wondering what is a popular design

Thanks

texel

Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I expect if the saddle is being fitted professionally I would suppose the fitter would bring along several makes for you to try on your horse.

I have found that Thorowgood are a good make and in their range they have a saddle for high withered horses. These are synthetic though and you may prefer leather.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

hnmisty

Visit site
I have a high withered TB, he is in a Kent and Masters cob saddle of all things! As texel said, if you get a saddle fitter they should bring a selection with them (tell them your budget in advance or they may turn up with nothing in your price range).

And welcome :)

missjj

New User
Visit site
Hi thanks for your help, and kind welcome, saddle not needed any more as new to be horse failed vet, - Quite disappointed but i suppose i saved myself a whole lot of trouble and expense. Put off by the whole experience have been looking for a long time only to have endless wasted trips and half truths