Saddle question - need help - probably a bit silly

summer

Visit site
After battling with the wind and rain, came in after riding tonight, untacked and put my saddle over the stable door. As my numnah was wet, took it off and managed to drop my saddle on the ground! EEK!
blush.gif
Can't believe I did this.

It's a well put together leather Albion dressage saddle. Do you think I will have damaged the tree? (Didn't check it at the time, it's now I'm home that I'm worrying.)

What do you all think?
confused.gif

Tia

Visit site
If you hold the saddle with the pommel stuck into your tummy and then hold the cantle and pull towards your stomach. It will be quite clear whether the tree has broken....although I doubt that just falling on the ground will have broken it so don't worry too much.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
It's probably fine. Mine has bounced one or twice and been O.K. The only time I have broken a tree is when horse fell and rolled over saddle (that was a albion dressage saddle too - god knows why I was jumping in it, on the upside the insurance company paid for a new tree to be fitted).

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
If you check it as Tia has said you'll probably find it's ok. It takes quite alot to break a tree, a horse rolling whilst wearing it can do it...but dropping it would be unlikely.

Chex

Visit site
I've dropped my saddle a suprising amount of times, but never broken the tree. However when I took it be repaired they noticed the tree had a small crack in it. Its was a synthetic with a 15 year guarantee so got a free replacement. However he also rolled on it at least 4 times and fell down a rabbit hole and sort of landed on it. I do look after my tack, honest
blush.gif