saddle question

mememe

Visit site
well i dont no if thhis was really the place 2 put this but im guessing people in here ue jumping saddles the most!

well story is that i had the saddler out a few days ago to
check my saddle and she said it was fine but that if i kept jumping in it i would kill myself (i hope she was being sarcastic!) the saddle im useing for everything atm is a very straight cut GP with patheticly small knee rolls! lol

so anyway i am no trying 2 sell a very nice saddle that just dosnt fit
mad.gif
to buy a jumping saddle i have never had 1 before, but i no the basics (forward cut, knee rolls etc) but can someone please give me some advice on what 2 look out 4? and wot makes are good? i am on a budget of £450 max so do u think that this is not wishful think and that i could get someting half decent for this money? please help!
grin.gif

I_A_P

Visit site
well when i swapped from a gp to 2 seperate saddles last year i found it incredibly hard to find a jumping (or dressage for that matter)that were second hand..and if there were any they didnt fit!

maybe it is just the area-but no saddle fitters around me had any second hand..and a lot of jumping saddles i have come across have been at least £700-£800.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
You can always try the old favorite 'Ebay'..... I bought a close contact jumping saddle from a seller there. It was new, only been put on a horse & girthed up once. It cost me £500, but it was a Bates so I knew that for a £15 gullet I could make it fit. As it happened it fitted without a gullet change & it's still being uses now. You should be able to pick up one in your budget range.
smile.gif

happihorse

Visit site
As T_Z says you can get some brilliant bargains on Ebay
grin.gif
, if you know exactly what you are looking for. If you were to have a saddle fitter out to guage the right size, make and model you want, perhaps then you could check for bargains on Ebay.
tongue.gif