Saddle Recommendations

wiglet

Visit site
I presently own a gp Ideal saddle. I've had it a while now and although it fits nicely, it's beginning to show signs of wear. I'd like to replace it with a gp that leans more towards a jumping saddle. Not bought a saddle in years so, what does everyone have, what do people recommend? I like the look of the Albion Tzar... but no idea if they're comfortable. Good budget available 😁

Wheels

Visit site
If you like the ideal and it fits you and your horse well then just get another ideal with a more forward flap

The impala is probably my favourite of the Ideal saddles :)

cobsarefab

Visit site
I love the easytrek saddles. They had them at my last RS and I have one and they are just brilliant. Really comfortable for my extremely bony bottom as well.

coss

Visit site
like wheels said - if you like your ideal, it fits you and your horse, get another ideal. They are meant to be very comfortable.
I have a k&m jump which i find good for jumping. I have long legs for my pony so had to go for the dressage and a jump as a gp wasn't going to allow my leg to be in the right position for either (saddle flap catching my leg for flatwork)
I have a saddle company gp that is very comfortable.

be positive

Visit site
I have had at least two that came with Albions, both were jumping saddles but not sure which model, neither fitted well despite being professionally fitted not long before they arrived at livery, so both had to change, one went into an Ideal was immediately more comfortable , her "behavioural issues" that were why she was sent here disappeared, the other had an Amerigo vega jump which suited him best having tried numerous different makes so my experiences with Albions is not great although many people do use them successfully.

wiglet

Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
I'm going to have a drive over to a local tack shop, the guy that owns it is a Master Saddler and he stocks a lot of different makes of saddle. Hopefully he can bring a selection to my yard and we can find something suitable.

The other option is to go treeless - a lady on my yard has a treeless saddle so I might ask her about them and maybe try her saddle for size and comfort. Sigh, saddle shopping is stressful :D