Saddle repair question - any saddlers around?

LeneHorse

Visit site
The stitching which attaches the seat to the panel is starting to come away on one side of my saddle. Its an old leather ideal vsd which has flair airbags fitted.
Would this be a straightforward repair or would the flair make it more complex. I just want an idea of what's involved before deciding where to take it. (There is one local saddler who is very good but also likes to try and convince you that you need a new one).

Wheels

Visit site
If it's only to re-attach the panel to the seat then that is very straight forward, having flair should not make any difference to that. Anybody who has done a flocking course should be able to do that easily, you don't necessarily need a saddle maker if that is all it is

LeneHorse

Visit site
If it's only to re-attach the panel to the seat then that is very straight forward, having flair should not make any difference to that. Anybody who has done a flocking course should be able to do that easily, you don't necessarily need a saddle maker if that is all it is
Fab - that's what I had thought but just needed some reassurance - thanks for replying

LeneHorse

Visit site
Thanks everyone - I'm hoping to get a couple more years out of the saddle as horse is semi retired and all we do is gentle hacking so it would be great to keep her going in her old faithful saddle.