Saddle Shopping Ideas

Hawks27

Visit site
Looking for 17-18" seat for me prefably deep seat good knee rolls so event / jump cut happy with monoflap/ close contact.
AM about a size 12 but have big hips and very long legs so something that can accommodate them
Horse built like a chunky TB has wide spine chunky wither and a fair bit of shoulder so needs a wide normally but not something designed for a flat backed cob. Flat ish tree and panels, had him in a gfs pro event with latex panels but have been unable to find another one! been looking for few months so hoping you lovely people can recommend some other saddles that maybe of a similar fit.
Budget is £250 - £450 happy to for cheap and tatty as long as safe and sound equally happy to spend more but if higher end of my budget want something smart and in good order and pref black leather but will consider anything as don't show just a happy hacker.
Any recommendations greatly received as riding in a bareback pad with a dodgy hip is soooo not advisable for decrepit owner even if we are only strolling through the woods in walk lol

Hawks27

Visit site
Any suggestions on saddle brands that might be suitable? would really appreciate some ideas to narrow down my search thanks

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
This might work, last I heard she didn't really want to post it, but worth a shot, above budget but this is nearly new and well under half current new price:

http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/s...dle-wideex-wide-fit-immaculate-condition.html

It does have a prominent rear gusseted panel which works well on backs that are flat at that point, the flocking could be softened if it's a mild issue, but won't work for croup high unless it's plenty short (which if he/she can take an 18" then it should be).

Hawks27

Visit site
Thanks for the response its not a million miles away from me if I need to pick it up, not a saddle am familiar with and sadly a little out of my price range but one to consider for tree shape my horse is oddly shaped only 15'1 but takes a 6'6 rug is very long bodied will try upload a pic at weekend ive tried several brands so far as have had no luck finding the exact saddle I had before and it took me 20+ saddles to find that one the first time.

Lucyy

New User
Visit site
Have a look at The Saddle Company, am in love with the dressage saddle I got from them a couple years ago and they mold to your horse's shape so if your horse changes shape you don't have to find a new saddle and since they are custom made you can ask for special requirements. (Having quite short legs I managed to get them to make saddle flaps shorter so I could actually reach the bottom of the flaps!) For a custom saddle and the services they provide they a really good price.

Hawks27

Visit site
I've seen quite a few saddle company saddles for sale second hand, I like the serge wool flocking, despise anything cair/flair anything ive ever ridden in one has bucked and been uncomfortable the panels just seem so hard but serge wool is warm and soft. Does anyone know a saddle company fitter that covers west Yorkshire? better still one with a 2nd hand collection

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Thanks for the response its not a million miles away from me if I need to pick it up, not a saddle am familiar with and sadly a little out of my price range but one to consider for tree shape my horse is oddly shaped only 15'1 but takes a 6'6 rug is very long bodied will try upload a pic at weekend ive tried several brands so far as have had no luck finding the exact saddle I had before and it took me 20+ saddles to find that one the first time.

The AH is Andrea the long term designer, till 5 years ago, of the Native Pony range. You can search for us on here, Facebook groups etc and our website of course. It's a tree for flat backs but it also has some wither height, fairly wide seat, flat panels.