Saddler Kent /East sussex

charlie900

Visit site
Can anyone reccommend a good one. I have been ripped off before by one so would ideally like one reg with sms. 2 advertice in pegasus as society master saddlers but not on sms website.

PinkieMinx

Visit site
I use Charlie from Saddle world - have done for years and can't recommend her highly enough! Let me know if you want her number.

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
ive used her and i must say the 3 saddles she fitted didnt fit the horses !!!!

I can recommend kirsty 07889746113 she is fantastic came and fixed all those saddles and didnt even sell a new one to one person as the old saddle actually fitted !!

Twigben

Visit site
Highly recommend Alex McCracken based in Sussex but comes to Kent. If you want his number PM me!

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Frogpool manor are really good too - they will come and do check ups, you don't have to buy a new one off them to use them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea thats kirsty and she is leaving Frogpool today !!

JessPickle

Visit site
Try Penfolds, they are brilliant

PENFOLDS OF CUCKFIELD 01444 454164
Old Talbot House, high St., Cuckfield

Drummer

Visit site
Kirsty from Frogpool is fantastic!!!!

I know a few people who have had lots of problems with saddleworld and mainly Charlie from saddleworld. We have a few people on our yard that have and are using her and there saddles really do not fit very well.

tamsinkb

Visit site
I use Andrew Reilly - he covers both Kent and Sussex - and he's done a fantastic job over the years with my difficult to fit horses! - pm me if you want his details
smile.gif

brightmount

Visit site
Am worried now as both my horse's saddles were fitted by C from S. Perhaps I should get them checked. My vet recommends Alex McCracken, if you can get hold of him.

cyearsley

Visit site
I live in Kent and used Olney (before they were Derby House) as didn't trust any in Kent to buy a saddle from as none had a "consistant" good reputation and two I met, both mentioned on here - were a right pair of sharks (not from the same company)..... Have heard positives about Penfolds (know someone who boxes to Sussex to use them for new off the shelf saddles) or fantastic guy who makes saddles to order, repairs, reflocks, tailor made bridles etc and superb quality is Peter Husband who is based in Kent but prob would travel to make a saddle but think for anything else would be too far. Good luck in your quest as until I found Peter I struggled to trust any of them and really did ask lots of friends/colleagues.

SpruceRI

Visit site
I've used Charlie from Saddleworld and she did a fab job of fitting a saddle for me, whereas I've suffered and seen some horrendous 'fit jobs' from some of the others mentioned here also, so I guess that it depends on the shape of your horse and the saddles they have in stock as to the success.

Rambo

Visit site
I'm intrigued to know how those of you who purport to know so little about saddle fitting, can state that x has done a fabulous job of fitting a saddle for you
tongue.gif
How do you know they have done a good job if you don't know how to fit a saddle yoursleves
tongue.gif

In my opinion, anyone who owns a horse should have a basic understanding of saddle fitting....
shocked.gif

Allykat

Visit site
Who said they know so little about saddle fitting?? I know the basics of saddle fitting yet I would never trust my own judgement to fit one to my horse. Thats what qualified saddlers are there for.

I know the basics of horse dentistry but I certainly wouldn't entertain having a go myself and I would know whether or not someone was worth recommending

so03

Visit site
I've used C from S. She messed up my horses saddle. How did I know? My horse became un-rideable.

Ken from S came out when I complained about it, it was the second fitter from his establishment that had messed up my saddle. He gave me a new saddle in replacement for the one I bought from him 6 months earlier.

I've used both Clive Bending and use Andrew Reilly now. Both have been good with no problems with the horse. They do fit a saddle in different ways though.

JessPickle

Visit site
Penfolds I know are very good. My YO's are very experienced and always help me when we do have saddle fitted etc, like when we were almost sold a dud saddle they helped etc. So I know there good because I have plenty of people telling me who are very experienced

Can tell you who is in sussex and is VERY bad at saddle fitting, you should see some of there "fitted" saddles they tip etc, and always end up being sorted out by penfolds

PS- Pm me if you want names of who to avoid!

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Martin from Penfolds - I've tried loads over the years and he is absolutely fab !!! I have used him now for years and most of my friends now do too. He never pushes you into a new saddle if you don't need one. He explains everything and I have never had a problem. I have had a few issues with Frogpool which resulted in buying 3 saddles in as many months for the same horse.

BethH

Visit site
Have used most of the above mentioned and had issues with all of them, although David Dyer who is Frogpool Manor is great but impossible to get hold of. Have used 3 different saddlers from Saddleworld who all told me something completely different from saddle fine to saddle completely hopeless so was a bit confused! Used McCracken years ago but just found him rude and unhelpful so decided didn't want to give him my hard earned cash although know others who think he is good. Have just been recommended Martin from Penfolds, bless him he has been out 3 times to try and fit my horse who is constantly changing shape (grass versus muscle as he comes back in to work - typical 3/4 native!) and he has been very patient, he also hasn't tried to sell me a saddle that doesn't fit. He is due to visit for the 4th time in a couple of weeks as we have finally narrowed it down to 2 saddles which he is going to bring different widths and spec where possible so we can get the best possible solution for a fat round horse and short little legged rider! so would recommend him for taking his time to get it right even though the process hasn't been cheap (more my fault than his!) I will end up using him going forward for check ups etc as feel he does actually like horses and wants to get the fitting right.

Vicki1986

Visit site
here my titbit on kents saddlers ofr what its worth :) some is what ive heard some is first hand

Charlie from saddleworld - think i might get told off for slander or liabel ?! so perhaps best not to go off on my rant.

david dyer from frogpool is meant to be amazing but impossible to get

alex mcckracken pain in the arse bloke hard to deal with and get hold of but a good saddler

clive bending never heard anything bad about

minster saddlers never heard anything bad but only know 2 people got made to measures from there

kirsty oxby heard good things, has now left frogpool > .S.Oxby Saddles on 07989 963742, or email Kirsty@ksoxbysaddles.com.