Saddler to stretch tall boots

Nici

Visit site
Hello there!
Could somebody recommend a saddler or anybody who could stretch my rather tight tall boots somewhere near the Bishops Stortford/Ware area? I live just in between.

cauda equina

Visit site
Mine were done by Woolcroft Saddlery near Wisbech; I know it's out of your area but might be worth looking at if there's nothing closer

Alec Swan

Visit site
There's an aerosol product which is perfect. I've got some, somewhere. You wear the boots or shoes, you do them up, spray and suffer for a while. The leather will give!

If you're still searching, let me know and I'll do further research.

Alec.

Nici

Visit site
There's an aerosol product which is perfect. I've got some, somewhere. You wear the boots or shoes, you do them up, spray and suffer for a while. The leather will give!

If you're still searching, let me know and I'll do further research.

Alec.

Thank you Alec, I'll finally resort to the spray. Nothing else seems to work :D

Alec Swan

Visit site
Nici, Crickey I've found it!

It's in an aerosol can and the name on the outside is WOLY - Shoe Stretch. I have a can here, PM me an address and I'll pop it in the post to you. You'll be welcome to it.

I found that it's vital that the heat from the foot or leg is in place before and after spraying and that the leather needs to be under stress.

Alec.

Nici

Visit site
Nici, Crickey I've found it!

It's in an aerosol can and the name on the outside is WOLY - Shoe Stretch. I have a can here, PM me an address and I'll pop it in the post to you. You'll be welcome to it.

I found that it's vital that the heat from the foot or leg is in place before and after spraying and that the leather needs to be under stress.

Alec.

Alec, thank you so much!
I'm terribly sorry that I only saw your post now.
What I did in the end was the thing I should have done from the start; I went to the bootmaker who sold them to me in the first place, had him stretch them and I have just picked them up today! They fit like... well, tall boots. :D

Last edited:

Alec Swan

Visit site
RESULT!! Well done! :)

A couple of years ago I bought a frighteningly expensive pair of Italian shoes — Italian men must have incredibly narrow feet — I bought them on line as no one in Norfolk carried them — anyway, cue 18 months of sporadic torture as no shoe repair people around here would touch them!

Alec.

Nici

Visit site
RESULT!! Well done! :)

A couple of years ago I bought a frighteningly expensive pair of Italian shoes — Italian men must have incredibly narrow feet — I bought them on line as no one in Norfolk carried them — anyway, cue 18 months of sporadic torture as no shoe repair people around here would touch them!

Alec.

:D :D
Italian suits are also awfully tight, so I've heard.